Rabbit in jambalaya?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rabbit in jambalaya?

Anyone ever put rabbit (cottontail) in jambalaya? I killed one this weekend, and trying to think of ways to cook it. I have a grill, pans and a pot or two and that's about the extent of my cooking utensils. Any ideas? Never cooked it before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds delicious

Comment

What can ya not put in jambalaya?

Comment

I would season it, cut up onions and mushrooms, cover in wrapped in foil and cook in oven at 275 all afternoon.

Comment

Hell yes!

Comment

Wrap in bacon and slow cook on pit.

Or jambalaya...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Why wouldn't you put one in jambalaya? Sounds good

Comment

Sure, I'd put rabbit in jambalaya, but you still gotta throw some skrimps off in it!

Comment

Would be good, also good pan fried and smothered in gravy.

Comment

Would y'all cook it first or dump it in there raw and let the boiling water cook it?

Comment

I have made rabbit and andouille jambalaya before. Always debonned the rabbit and quick seared it before adding to the pot.

Comment

Cube it up and brown it first in a little oil

Comment

Sounds good!

Sent from somewhere in Old Mexico...

Comment

Rabbit Sauce Piquante:

Chef John Folse & Company is the parent company of several food related industries. From custom food manufacturing to a fine dining and bed breakfast, Chef John Folse & Company encompasses many aspects of the foodservice industry. From Lafitte's Landing Restaurant at Bittersweet Plantation to our manufacturing facility located on the river in New Orleans, Chef John Folse & Company's gumbo of foodservice venues continue to add seasonings to the pot. White Oak Plantation nestled in the heart of Baton Rouge is home to our catering division offering services in off-premise and on-site event coordination. Exceptional Endings houses our pastry division, which supplies savories to the regional CC's Gourmet Coffee Houses. In addition, Chef John Folse & Company's publishing division has produced 7 books in the Cajun & Creole Series and accepts titles from independent writers. Chef John Folse hosts a radio talk show called

All the best,
                            Glenn

Comment

Rabbit and Sauage Jambalaya is the best!!

Get you a big pot (cast iron is the best)
                              2 yellow onions, 2 bell peppers, a few celery stalks, garlic
                              some olive or vegetable oil
                              seasoning
                              some sausage
                              rice and chicken broth

Debone and cut up the rabbit,season, and brown in a bit of oil in the pot.
                              remove rabbit and insert vegetables.
                              cook vegetables until the onions are about clear
                              reinsert rabbit and add sausage and add broth bring to a simmer for 10 minutes then put on low.
                              Add in your rice and adjust liquid until you got it knuckle deep over the rice.
                              let cook on low until rice is done. roll the rice every 5-10 minutes to keep from burning.

When its done you can add in more seasoning and or Tabasco until its perfect. Best to do it this way because its hard to guess how much seasoning the rice will soak up.

This will work for pretty much any meat you want to throw in! Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                              X