No announcement yet.

My Opening Weekend FIASCO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many of us have experienced those lows...and highs of bowhunting. My first tree stand was on such a small and leaning tree (only 15 yards from feeder as well), that I always felt like I was about to fall out. 3 misses and two unrecovered deer later and my first season was over.....New bow the next year and took my state limit.

Congratulations on the buck!!
    Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Well it is comforting to hear that I am not the only one who has DUMB stuff happen to them...

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

This is my first season bow hunting. the place i hunt has some good deer. I put up a camera at the feeder there was alot of deer coming in. But our tank dried up and everybody around us is putting up those big game fences that aint helping. every where I look to get on a lease is 1000 dollars a weekend and a harvest fee.

Comment

CRAZY!!! Gotta love this sport!!!

Comment

Congrats on sticking with it and putting some meat in the freezer, we have all had to learn our lessons as we go. Great write up

Comment

Way to hang in there. Better than any day at the office.

Comment

Great job hanging in there and getting it done!!!! Had nearly the same thing happen to me with bow opening morning on the afternoon hunt. Did a "test pull" and apparently touched the trigger. Sent an arrow out about 20 yards. Reading your post I see this could have been disastrous!

Great post!

Comment

I guess you gotta go thru the bad times to appreciate the little things. Great cull.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X