No announcement yet.

TRAPPING SEASON Thread 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished up the year. Got a coyote and some coons this past weekend. That makes three coyotes, two grey foxes and a mess of coons. No bobcats, which is surprising because I’ve seen sign and saw one while deer hunting. Oh well, that’s how it goes when you’re only trapping a few weekends. Just really happy to connect on my first coyote earlier this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Btoutdoors View Post

Pretty cat today.

Nice cat man! That off walnut? I hunt on the same place as Jzoch

Comment

Originally posted by ElCid07 View Post
        Finished up the year. Got a coyote and some coons this past weekend. That makes three coyotes, two grey foxes and a mess of coons. No bobcats, which is surprising because I’ve seen sign and saw one while deer hunting. Oh well, that’s how it goes when you’re only trapping a few weekends. Just really happy to connect on my first coyote earlier this year.

You had fun doing it so that's all that matters! Congrats on a good season!

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsonly88 View Post
          Nice cat man! That off walnut? I hunt on the same place as Jzoch

Thanks! It was on Walnut but on the Southeast side. A mile or two North of Tres Amigo's.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
            Good looking cat
            Thanks!

Comment

Pretty cat today.

That's a dang good cat man

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
                That's a dang good cat man

Thanks! The bellies always look great until I get them on a stretcher. Ha Ha

Comment

Thanks! The bellies always look great until I get them on a stretcher. Ha Ha
                  Lol I understand
                  Are you using the Nevada stretch or how are you doing yours?

Comment

Lol I understand
                    Are you using the Nevada stretch or how are you doing yours?

I am using wire stretchers and borax. I need to get some wood. I think it makes them look better. I built the wire stretchers I am using, Need to get out of cheap mode I guess.

Comment

I am using wire stretchers and borax. I need to get some wood. I think it makes them look better. I built the wire stretchers I am using, Need to get out of cheap mode I guess.
                      I made some out of wire an wood when you come thur next I'll show them to you

Comment

I made some out of wire an wood when you come thur next I'll show them to you

Sounds good! I will let you know if we are coming thru next week. If we do I will bring you the pipe for a fleshing beam.

Comment

Sounds good! I will let you know if we are coming thru next week. If we do I will bring you the pipe for a fleshing beam.
                          Awesome sounds great man

Comment

Ok got my fur all sold
                            I didn't do bad at all
                            For everything I had this year sold separately I've made right at $2000 my best year yet the pic shows my best cat which brought $200 my highest cat I've ever sold except for that Rosetta I sold earlier in the year.

Look good bro!! Guess I need to catch a cat and show ya some front legs up close, Nevada is the only way to roll!

You had a awesome year!!

Funny thing is, trapping works like this....we work our tails off 20 hrs out of a 24 hr day to make 2000 on pelts that we spent 6000 in fuel , 600 in supplies and countless hours on.. Then we look at our wives and say yeap!! I made negative 25.55 a hour this year! Almost broke even!
                            Last edited by Tuffbroadhead; 03-06-2018, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
                              Look good bro!! Guess I need to catch a cat and show ya some front legs up close, Nevada is the only way to roll!

You had a awesome year!!

Funny thing is, trapping works like this....we work our tails off 20 hrs out of a 24 hr day to make 2000 on pelts that we spent 6000 in fuel , 600 in supplies and countless hours on..
                              Lol that ain't no joke

Yes sir. I have some tweaks I need to make next year

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post

Funny thing is, trapping works like this....we work our tails off 20 hrs out of a 24 hr day to make 2000 on pelts that we spent 6000 in fuel , 600 in supplies and countless hours on.. Then we look at our wives and say yeap!! I made negative 25.55 a hour this year! Almost broke even!
                                Good times had, and memories made on the line; Priceless.

Cool cat photo Brad!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Brad Cat A.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	24531634

Comment

Working...
                                X