No announcement yet.

Help with Gun Safe Selection Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever you do, pay the additional cost to have it moved in and installed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      The difference is drywall is a very poor fire barrier. The insulation that sturdy uses is a real fire/heat barrier insulation.

I'm also not convinced that the product that AMSEC uses is a great fire insulator. It will absorb and hold heat much like brick or concrete on a hot Texas day. You can feel heat radiating from it for hours after the sun has gone down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Thats interesting. I honestly ended up with the Amsec because of that guys great responses and help to anyone out there with an Amsec safe new or used. The customer service was the key. In my research, most of the safes are about the same in that price range (Fort Knox, Amsec, Sturdy). I got a great deal (which ended up not being spectacular due to some shipping issues) on the safe. It was basically wholesale price.

Comment

I have an American Security Safe and like it a lot, and always pay to have some one install it and bolt it down. I have read that a safe not bolted down is worthless.

Comment

I have a Liberty and couldn't be happier.

Comment

http://winchestersafes.com/product/legacy-53-gun-safe/

Comment

Originally posted by Double-O-Dave View Post
              Why? I looked at this website, and even watched their video, but so what? They don't say why their product is any better than what's on the market. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Dave
              Allows you to move with ease to utilize a space in the future if need be.
              As far as security....If a thief wants in any gun safe....they are getting in.

Not sure why I like the concept...just seems like it would be just as good as a tradition "consumer" safe.

At the end of the day my guns are locked up and my house and gunsafe door is monitored by ADT.

Comment

Originally posted by COWDOG View Post
                Allows you to move with ease to utilize a space in the future if need be.
                As far as security....If a thief wants in any gun safe....they are getting in.

Not sure why I like the concept...just seems like it would be just as good as a tradition "consumer" safe.

At the end of the day my guns are locked up and my house and gunsafe door is monitored by ADT.
                Thanks for the clarification. If we ever leave our home, we are going to have to leave two gun safes behind as they are anchored to the slab. The company you mentioned could do a better job of advertising on their website.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

I sell safes in San Antonio. www.whitleyslockandsafe.com
                  Check into www.amsecusa.com
                  and
                  Hollon Safe Company is a family owned and operated business that has become America’s fastest growing safe manufacturer. With superior products and unrivaled customer service, we hope to give our customers peace of mind

If these look interesting to you, give me a shout.

Todd

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. If we ever leave our home, we are going to have to leave two gun safes behind as they are anchored to the slab. The company you mentioned could do a better job of advertising on their website.

Regards,

Dave
                    This is why I am not anchoring mine. Will be in my closet and if someone has time to move a 550 lb safe with none of my neighbors knowing then congrats to them

In 9-10 years when we build our forever home, I will definitely bolt it down

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                      This is why I am not anchoring mine. Will be in my closet and if someone has time to move a 550 lb safe with none of my neighbors knowing then congrats to them

In 9-10 years when we build our forever home, I will definitely bolt it down
                      Anochor bolts are bolts..... just unbolt them when you are ready to move the safe. Leaving it unbolted risks someone tipping the safe forward and cutting into the back of it.........

Comment

Regards,

Dave
                        Agreed. Not to mention price they are expensive. Yep my safe is staying with the house. It fits perfectly in the space. Literally no room on either side to wiggle it out if unbolted.

Comment

Working...
                        X