Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Backyard Make over with pool and kitchen......and all the crap that goes with it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by myway View Post
    Great info as I am about to start. Have you been happy so far Puyear? I know it's early but I will be following on how they perform. Do you mind me asking who the other three bidders were and what made you choose them if not all price related? PM if you prefer.

Yea no problem. We got bids from Blue Haven, Cullen Pools, and Baltic Pools. BH is a joke don't even waste your time. Cullen does good work but was on the high side. And Baltic wanted us to stick to a package, like I couldn't get this without getting that. It was like they needed to package upgrade items with other stuff that had higher profit margins. We looked at several Puryear pools and they were top notch. They even let us come look at one twice as it was being constructed. In addition they have a lifetime structure warranty, so it was a no brainer. They seem to be holding up their end so far, I will gladly let you know if something changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well got the call Friday evening from our pool rep asking if it was ok to shoot gunite first thing Saturday morning, so I gave them the go ahead and first thing to them means first thing. They showed up at 6:15am and ready to start. So despite an evil look from the old hag on the corner, all my other neighbors were good with it. In fact 3 of us stood in the street and had our morning coffee and watch the guys turn a hole into a structure.

For those about to get a pool, the gunite truck is loud and messy. I noticed a haze of dust on my truck so I moved it out of my driveway and to the street probably would've been fine but I played it safe. I noticed the crew several times check thickness of the gunite. When I asked the pool company rep he stated that was part of their contract and is why they can guarantee the structure; if something was to happen and the pool thickness was found to be not in compliance with what they specified then the gunite company is on the hook for liability. He says it has never happened in 23 years of the company but I thought it was a good check and balance. Until next time.......thanks for following along

Comment

Looking great so far. I would love to do something like this. Maybe one day....

Comment

Nice

Comment

Building the frame for the built in grill and bar today. Pics to follow

Comment

Looks great. Just curious if you don't mind me asking, are you paying cash, refinancing house at same time and rolling into one, etc....? I've heard of people going different routes, just curious what you're doing and what you think is the best way to go about paying for a pool.

Comment

That looks amazing, one day when I dont have that student loan debt I could create something that awesome. Keep giving updates!

Comment

Got a little work done before the rain came Sunday. I had to extend my side fence by 10 ft so I could move my storage shed. I had to add a 10" retaining wall and drain pipe to get the side yard level for the shed to sit on.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2623.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	24485851

Once that was done I started the framework for the grill and bar.
                  Will add more pics this afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by rockyraider View Post
                    Looks great. Just curious if you don't mind me asking, are you paying cash, refinancing house at same time and rolling into one, etc....? I've heard of people going different routes, just curious what you're doing and what you think is the best way to go about paying for a pool.
                    Yes you are correct we had about 100k in equity in the house so we just went to our bank and said we would like to refinance and add a pool. They sent out an appraiser and it was on the title companies desk within 2 weeks. Now this was a week before Christmas, it sat at title company for almost a month in a half. Let me tell you I had it out with Ranger title when I finally blew my top. The excuses they would give were petty at best, I dont know how they stay in business. I didnt want to use them to start but the bank likes to send stuff there because they are local. I finally told them cancel the deal, shut it down and I would take my business elsewhere, wouldnt you know they called the next day with a closing date. I have no use for a business that makes it that hard to give them my money.

So yea they put the money in an escrow account and broke the pool down into four draws that require my signature before they are released so if something is a miss on the pool I don't sign the check. So far so good

Comment

That grill is going to be nice!

Comment

Looking good

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Been working nights so I haven't had time to update but here is the progress thus far

Tile and coping went on the the 28th we tried to find a tile that would match the Oklahoma Flagstine coping and it matched up pretty good

Next they came and formed all the decking, we went with exposed aggregate to stay with a natural look.

They poured the decking on the 25th and it turned out nice, but the following day it rained and we were back to a mess

Comment

Somewhere in the middle of all this I framed up the outdoor kitchen and Wrapped it in hardi-backer. I'm now just waiting for stone and I'm kinda thinking about putting it in myself. It'll be a 4" chopped Oklahoma stone anybody tackled something like this? Ill post pictures of the frame tonight.

Comment

Great looking project!

Comment

just intime for summer

Comment

Working...
                                X