Gun safes at Tractor Supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun safes at Tractor Supply

Needing to get a gun safe. The ones at Tractor Supply look decent. Does anybody have one and what do you think?

Should I look at Gander Mountain or some place else?

Thanks
    Chris

I bought a 24 gun Winchester a while back and am pleased with it. It will actually hold about 16-18 guns pending the size etc but that is the case with most all brands.

Comment

I bought a 20 gun from wal mart. I believe it is a stack on brand. Love it. Keep my bows on one side and guns on the other with room for important papers and such

Comment

I bought a 48 gun safe from them. No issues here

Comment

We got the Cannon 48 gun Tall/Wide early this year from TSC and love it. Watch for their sales as we got our about $300 off regular price by waiting two days.

Comment

Have had a cannon 48 for 6-8 years now. had no issues. have had to change batteries in the combination once. agree with above post. They have some good sales several times a year

Comment

A few years ago on a Black Friday I bought two of the 24 gun Winchester safes from TSC because they had a great deal on them. I chose that one because it has the locking bolts that extend on all three side of the door when locked.

Comment

I bought a Liberty Colonial Series 64 gun safe a little over a year ago. The fire rating and it's solid construction is what sold me on it. Price wise, well it was a little painful, but well worth it in my opinion. Oh, and the weight of this thing at 1000 lbs means it won't be going anywhere.
                Last edited by Rupert; 09-10-2015, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Another thing I would suggest if capable, is to look on youtube at the videos on how to move a safe by yourself. Guy at TSC wanted to charge me $300 to deliver it a 1/2 mile and set it in my garage. I rented a trailer for $25 and had it off the trailer, unboxed and unbolted off the pallet and in place in less than 20 minutes.

Comment

I saw an 80 gun at TSC yesterday for $1199. Is that about the going price? I really haven't priced a safe in a couple of years so I don't have a clue.

taz- The last safe I had was from TSC and never had a problem with it. I guess it just depends how "fancy" you want to get.

Comment

I know two guys that bought the Winchester with the electric lock and both of them had problems and ended up replacing it with a manual lock. Winchester customer service wasn't a big help at all.

Comment

I have had a Cannon for a couple of years, great so far. I agree with the above about moving it. If you have a trailer or a buddy with one save some money and do it your self, I did and it was pretty easy.

Comment

I've got a 24 gun Winchester as well. Had it since Christmas and am very pleased with it so far. No issues with the electronic keypad to date. Only advice I would be able to give is to get one bigger than you think you will need. They fill up fast!

Comment

A buddy of mine got flooded in the Blanco river flood and Cannon is bringing him a brand new safe. if it is destroyed by fire flood or other natural disaster, then they replace it for free. just FYI he gets to keep the old one too!!
                            This is cannons policy and not an insurance replacement.

Comment

I bought a cannon and have no complaints, except that it's full!

Comment

Working...
                              X