No announcement yet.

Tuning Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t due to many tuning posts any more. But I would like to see what you have going on.

I didn’t see tour specs. I may have missed them.
    So f you I mine re post them. Now I did see you stated you tux down tp 74lbs. So depending on arrow length I’m sure your shooting a 250 spine. If not you prolly should be.

Hereis a test. But bow must be reset to factory settings. And arrow level in center of Berger hole. Take one fletched and one bare shaft and shoot at same spot at 10 yards. If the bare shaft is not leaning to bad then back up to 20 and reshoot.

This will tell you a lot. If the bare shaft is to the right or left and leaning (example: if shaft hits to the right of fletched the nock will be left) then your power stroke is off. If the shaft is below with nock high the shaft is bending to much on shot. Or cams out of sync. If it’s high with nock low then your cams out of sync or posible bad nock travel from bow. Now this is not all f reasons but should get you started. Now you must shoot the fletched and bare shaft several times t make sure y are getting correct data. If the bareshaft changes then you will need to work on your form and release before you can do anything else

Comment

Originally posted by sweetinlow660 View Post
      I have tried that. Im a huge believer in high FOC. Ive increased the point weight from 100 grain heads with 17 grain inserts all the way to 200 grain heads with 100 grain inserts. seem to be getting the best performance out of the 100 grain heads. I definitely have a cable issue but ive got it tuned to an acceptable level as long as I shoot expandables or field tips. not my preferred tip but it will work with the time crunch i'm in.

Go to 300 heads...JK.

Good luck.

Comment

300 spine arrows are going to be too weak for an 80lb draw unless they are cut down significantly. Adding weight to the front (broadheads and inserts) breaks down that spine further which is why the 100 grains are giving you the best groups.

Also if your arrow speed gets too high, fixed blades won't fly well. Pulling 80 lbs, you might be getting close to that speed (I've personally had issues past 300fps). You could also try going to a four fletch which will give the back of the arrow more control to offset the broadhead trying to "steer" the arrow.

Without actually seeing your setup and seeing you shoot, thats what comes to mind. Hope it helps. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post

Go to 300 heads...JK.

Good luck.

I’ve got some. And actually wouldn’t have an issue shooting them. Matter of fact next year I’m going to grizzly sticks and heavy 2 blade single bevels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X