Fill size model of Christ from the Shroud of Turin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
    If you recall the story of the resurrection on the 3d day, Christ was crucified and died on Friday afternoon and the tomb was empty on Sunday morning. In 1 1/2,days there would be no decomposition.

The best explanation I know is when his body returned to God the Father, He became pure energy and that energy release was what caused the markings in the Shroud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do you think it requires actual decomposition during the time the shroud was on the body? If you sweat in a white t-shirt, in may not show at that time. But store that unwashed in your attic for a 20 or 30 years and the sweat stains might show up different from the rest of the fabric. I'm thinking the shroud probably didn't look like this right away. It may have taken decades for the stains to appear. Just a theory.

Comment

This is amazing. A professor in the mechanical engineering department at the University of Padua in Italy has reconstructed a model of Christ from the Shroud of Turin. He used pretty sophisticated CAD and analysis to adjust for a thin, linen burial cloth draped on His body in the tomb.

I’m in contact with the professor to see if they will release the CAD file of His head and shoulders. He said the University is figuring out the release or licensing. Then if released- 3d print or cnc machine from metal?

It’s up in the air if the Shroud is real. If not - it’s the most sophisticated forgery in history.

No, I think it's pretty well accepted that the shroud was from way after the death and resurrection of Christ.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        I have always been fascinated by the Shroud of Turin and have followed the story for years. I don't know what to think about it - both the debunkers and the "it's the real deal" researchers make some pretty compelling arguments.
        Don't worry about it my friend. We will all find out in the end when all that is questioned in our life here on earth, will be reveled.

Are you prepared?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          Don't worry about it my friend. We will all find out in the end when all that is questioned in our life here on earth, will be reveled.

Are you prepared?
          I was told the Bible is a fable
          A hoax picture doesn't help prove it's not a fable
          Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 04-06-2018, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakelover View Post
            Do you think it requires actual decomposition during the time the shroud was on the body? If you sweat in a white t-shirt, in may not show at that time. But store that unwashed in your attic for a 20 or 30 years and the sweat stains might show up different from the rest of the fabric. I'm thinking the shroud probably didn't look like this right away. It may have taken decades for the stains to appear. Just a theory.

If you read about the Shroud, perspiration stains 2,000 years ago would not explain the image- which had portions of the shroud that were not in direct contact with His body.

All the analysis and examination by world-class experts in their fields can not explain how it was created permanently in the linen cloth fibers.

A matter of faith.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
              I was told the Bible is a fable
              A hoax picture doesn't help prove it's not a fable
              someone telling you the Bible is a fable doesn't prove it is a fable....

Comment

Touché

Originally posted by blacksunshine View Post
                Someone telling you the Bible isn't a fable does not prove it isn't a fable

Comment

Originally posted by blacksunshine View Post

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                    Someone telling you the Bible isn't a fable does not prove it isn't a fable
                    I ain't worried about what/if someone else says. I'll believe what I want to believe. You have that right of Free Will as well. But in the end, all will be reveled.

Edit: I do find it sad, if you posted as a non-believer. I was once in denial too. Now, I see His works in the past. And sometimes daily. I can only hope and pray that you do as well some day.
                    Last edited by Texas Grown; 04-06-2018, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                      I have always been fascinated by the Shroud of Turin and have followed the story for years. I don't know what to think about it - both the debunkers and the "it's the real deal" researchers make some pretty compelling arguments.
                      U know science is NOT part of this discussion!
                      Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                      So Jesus, a middle eastern Jew, looked like a white dude from western Europe?
                      LOL........there was something in a old book noting he had skin of bronze and hair of wool with a booming voice. Could be a fable or a big time misprint..........bwahahahahaha! Cant have it both ways...........the Middle East/North Africa is what it is.
                      Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                      For a pacifist, Jesus was pretty buff.
                      Carpenters back then had to be! Heck, the disciples were a gang for God that took no crap. Ask the money changers at the Temple if Jesus was some weak wristed girly man.......lol!

Comment

The science (or engineering- based on physics) is the reconstruction of the body a burial shroud covered. No science has disproven it’s authenticity. Proof- is a matter of faith.

Comment

I've seen some major decomp in 1.5-3 days, very major

Comment

This is amazing. A professor in the mechanical engineering department at the University of Padua in Italy has reconstructed a model of Christ from the Shroud of Turin. He used pretty sophisticated CAD and analysis to adjust for a thin, linen burial cloth draped on His body in the tomb.

I’m in contact with the professor to see if they will release the CAD file of His head and shoulders. He said the University is figuring out the release or licensing. Then if released- 3d print or cnc machine from metal?

It’s up in the air if the Shroud is real. If not - it’s the most sophisticated forgery in history.

Thank you Bill.

Comment

We were in Turin a few years ago and went to the cathedral where the shroud is kept...in secure, temperature controlled vault. We were able to see a replica of the shroud, and I will tell you it was a moving experience! I have no idea if it is real, but I certainly believe it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                                We were in Turin a few years ago and went to the cathedral where the shroud is kept...in secure, temperature controlled vault. We were able to see a replica of the shroud, and I will tell you it was a moving experience! I have no idea if it is real, but I certainly believe it is.
                                I agree Randy!

Comment

Working...
                                X