Running into big hogs in the dark is better than caffeine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Filletem View Post
    Pucker Factor is an understatement I think I might have pulled a spinkter muscle if that's possible.
    I just about chocked on my coffee. http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ons/icon10.gif

Comment

When my kids aren't with me, I walk to the stand in the dark. Flashlight used to be in my pocket. Bedded deer jumping up at the last minute and hogs grunting have woke me up many times!

I still think the worst was walking up on the skunk in the dark. Let me warn you if you see a white fluffy flower that you didn't see before, stop and confirm it with a flashlight before you continue to walk toward it. Nothing will wake you up quicker than making the mistake of continuing toward it! Because of this, my flashlight is no longer in my pocket. I keep it in my hand ready to confirm what's in front of me. I tend to check out a lot of things along the way now that before I wouldn't have thought anything about.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabineshooter View Post
        lol I don't get why people are so scared of pigs . They want absolutely no interaction with humans
        I wouldn't say I'm scared of them but the surprise growl breaking the quiet peaceful walk is what wakes you up. Just like the others saying covey of quail. The quail won't hurt you, but the surprise makes you hurt yourself!

Comment

Yes sir!!! Good way to fill both boots with a nasty liquid!!!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I ran in to one aggressive boar yesterday morning Growl grunting and teeth popping. I didn't load my crossbow, Thought i might have to use it as a bat!!!

Comment

I always worry about a big sow with a sounder with her than a snake on the walk in. Been fortunate during deer season. Been bayed up during turkey a few times

Comment

I pee a little every time.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                  When my kids aren't with me, I walk to the stand in the dark. Flashlight used to be in my pocket. Bedded deer jumping up at the last minute and hogs grunting have woke me up many times!

I still think the worst was walking up on the skunk in the dark. Let me warn you if you see a white fluffy flower that you didn't see before, stop and confirm it with a flashlight before you continue to walk toward it. Nothing will wake you up quicker than making the mistake of continuing toward it! Because of this, my flashlight is no longer in my pocket. I keep it in my hand ready to confirm what's in front of me. I tend to check out a lot of things along the way now that before I wouldn't have thought anything about.

I almost walked up on one the other night about 11pm, checking TC pictures.
                  Didn't have any kind of light with me, just the moonlight. I try to be more diligent now...

Comment

As a young man 13 or 14 we ran coon dogs a lot. we ran into a covey and took 30 minutes to untangle us from the trees.
                    And we were on the bald prairie.

Comment

I had a meeting with a dozen pigs this AM from about 15 yards. Put my white light on them
                      And we had a stand off. Considered unloading my pistol on them but didn't want to ruin my hunt. They eventually just walked off into the brush.

Comment

I remember that my friend would have to walk me to my stand! LOL

Comment

Over this past summer I've literally ran it 2 smaller pigs in the taller grass while walking around at night without a light (trying to sneak into a feeder). Those same nights I missed a few times with my bow. Definitely gets your heart racing!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X