No announcement yet.

Stand and Fill Choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have the All Seasons so I don't have any input on the two you are asking about. But, I do like the looks of that MB.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
      I have a might buck and love it. Timer in the lid, right at eye height. Te motor/spinner is in a sturdy housing. I'm not sure the Lamco is as sturdy, but haven't laid eyes on one. That's a lot going on underneath the Lamco with the sheetmetal plates?
      There's nothing "going on" those plates keep the coons out and slings all the corn out evenly. It pretty muck throws it about 18 yards in every direction. IMO the Lamco has a more sturdy base and skid plate. With those plates corn doesn't sit under the feeder
      Last edited by AntlerCollector; 01-25-2018, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Cant go wrong with either .

I have the ranch king and been going all season with no issues. Very good setup on the overall height for filling and where controls are located etc.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          There's nothing "going on" those plates keep the coons out and slings all the corn out evenly. It pretty muck throws it about 18 yards in ever direction. IMO the Lamco has a more sturdy base and skid plate.
          I know you really like lamco....but.

I have seen and used both and I wouldn't say the lamco has a "more sturdy base".

If you want sturdy go buy one of the ones made by rambal on here in San angelo. Same style as lamco but made of out of real steel. We have one of those as well and it will outlast all of us.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post

I have seen and used both and I wouldn't say the lamco has a "more sturdy base".

If you want sturdy go buy one of the ones made by rambal on here in San angelo. Same style as lamco but made of out of real steel. We have one of those as well and it will outlast all of us.
            I'm not sure Lamco is the best. I've never heard of Rambal, but I will look into it if I need another. Like some have mentioned you can't go wrong with most of the top of the line stand and fills.

I've personally seen and tested the Lamco, Mighty Buck, and ASF. I would put them in that order. I would add that I've heard nothing but good things about Krivoman's directional feeder, and would have bought one, but he was on vacation when I needed it.
            Last edited by AntlerCollector; 01-25-2018, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Lamco hands down..... If you are still on the fence then go with best customer service. I'll tell you right now, Lamco wins that category too. I know from experience.

Comment

There was a fairly big difference in price when I looked at the lamcos and the ranchking. I don't remember exactly but I think it was about 150.00 difference.
                What are the prices where you are buying from. I bought the 600lb lamco and it was 720.00 out the door with the battery and the Timer.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                  There was a fairly big difference in price when I looked at the lamcos and the ranchking. I don't remember exactly but I think it was about 150.00 difference.
                  What are the prices where you are buying from. I bought the 600lb lamco and it was 720.00 out the door with the battery and the Timer.

Prices are the same...

Comment

I just ordered a 1000lb krivoman easy fill with a directional unit. Hope to pick it up the end of next week and get it set up in Tom Greene next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      I'm not sure Lamco is the best. I've never heard of Rambal, but I will look into it if I need another. Like some have mentioned you can't go wrong with most of the top of the line stand and fills.

I've personally seen and tested the Lamco, Mighty Buck, and ASF. I would put them in that order. I would add that I've heard nothing but good things about Krivoman's directional feeder, and would have bought one, but he was on vacation when I needed it.
                      We bought 4 of the "Rambal" feeders this past year and they are great. Will be getting a few more this year. I'm a lamco fan and like Ranch King products but have never owned anything Ranch King.

I am done with the eliminator plates. Had several of the chain links break and get hung. Neat idea, just too many moving parts for an automatic corn feeder.

The "Ramball" feeders that are referenced are made by Double Barrel Fabrication in San Angelo. I am impressed with them so far.

Comment

Never used either of the feeders your looking at but have two Capsule feeders and have never had a problem. Easy to fill and even have remotes available.

Comment

Comment

Anybody have any long term use on the MB? We've had a couple Lamco's (not the shorty but the econo where you stand up on the side struts to fill) on our lease for 9 years and it is by far the best set of feeders we have. No rust, no fading, nothing. They just work. Unlike some other feeders that rely on paint that have faded and rusted over time in the sun, etc.

Also, I would not be a fan of the eliminator plate on anything other than a road feeder. those things seize up, etc over time. I've seen it and heard it before. I just want my feeder to throw when I am not there... plain and simple. On a road feeder, springy things are all well and good because I can zap it with WD40 before I jump in the truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd-ty729 View Post
                              We bought 4 of the "Rambal" feeders this past year and they are great. Will be getting a few more this year. I'm a lamco fan and like Ranch King products but have never owned anything Ranch King.

I am done with the eliminator plates. Had several of the chain links break and get hung. Neat idea, just too many moving parts for an automatic corn feeder.

The "Ramball" feeders that are referenced are made by Double Barrel Fabrication in San Angelo. I am impressed with them so far.
                              Do you have a picture of them?

Comment

I really like the lamco design, some of the guys on our place run them. I have 4 of the ASF 600lb

I know some do not like bending down to adjust times, the external timer was one of the reasons I decided to go with these. A lot easier to work on if a motor goes out with a full feeder. And the price at the time buying 4 was a factor.

At 1st I was worried about corn under the feeder, but after 2 seasons running these things, some of the deer seem to like eating the corn from under the feeder more than what is scattered out, and plenty is thrown out..

If I was going between the lamco and the mighty buck, I'd go Lamco.

Comment

Working...
                                X