Concreting Door Jamb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concreting Door Jamb

I've got a door that is on the side of my garage that does not get used. When it rains a decent amount, I always get water in my garage in that location. Its' already lower on that side, but then the water makes its way in through the door due to it being not the same height as my existing slab. I wan to just put some concrete across to where the water will no longer leak in. What would be the best way to do this?? Or does anyone have any other solutions? I don't use this door as my freezer blocks the entrance. The picture wouldn't turn for me, but you get the idea.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Blake8504; 07-16-2018, 01:47 PM.

Why don`t you just caulk it and seal it all up ? Then if for some reason in the future you want to start reusing it you just have to clean up some caulk .

Comment

Originally posted by ldoyle View Post
      Why don`t you just caulk it and seal it all up ? Then if for some reason in the future you want to start reusing it you just have to clean up some caulk .
      Didn't really thing about that option. I guess I Could just put a bunch of silicone around it. The only downside is there is just enough room for my 4 year old to squeeze through, so he may try opening it when I'm not around.

you know how them kiddos are.

Comment

Originally posted by Blake8504 View Post
        Didn't really thing about that option. I guess I Could just put a bunch of silicone around it. The only downside is there is just enough room for my 4 year old to squeeze through, so he may try opening it when I'm not around.

you know how them kiddos are.

Deadbolt or locking latch up high ?

Comment

Cut out the door and put some EDPM Sill Gasket under the jamb.. We lay that stuff under most of our outside plates now and I kid you not, there have been jobs where the slab is holding 1.5" of water after a rain. Looks like cheesy styrofoam but it works

Comment

Working...
          X