Best Deals for O/U Shotgun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artos View Post
    I think it's shotgunworld / forum that I used to search for all my stuff back in the day...what is it exactly you are trying to achieve??

Your OU request is rather extensive & vague at the same time...if it were me, I would hit a well known local range, ask questions along with a specialized sporting goods store to shoulder the various guns.

One really doesn't just decide on Browning / CG / Zoli / Beretta / Fausti unless they already know the flavor that fits them...I would not advise you to purchase any OU unless you do your on hand research first & wanting to get into clays with both feet. Buy once, cry once as you will / should spend way more in shells in the long run.
    Birds and clays. I don’t really have a “need” for a $3K+ shotgun as I will never put enough shells through it to wear it out, but I want one. One that will last a lifetime and one that will be passed down. A nice O/U is about the only firearm that I really admire and appreciate the classic appearance. So basically, this is a lifetime purchase and something I’ve wanted for a good while. Definitely not going to step into something without trying it on first, but I want to shop real world prices to see what’s reality vs fantasy to keep myself from shouldering a bunch of guns that I wouldn’t be buying anyway.

Comment

I like my Fausti. I'm not an expert by any means but it fits me and I have had no problems.

Comment

August M. Crocker Fine Guns - we buy, sell, trade, and teach. Never again be intimidated by walking into a gun store. We're here to help pros and newbies alike!

For Guerini.

Artos is giving sound advice, can’t beat hands-on and asking a lot of questions.

FYI when the National Shooting Complex in San Antonio has a big shoot most of the big names are there some of them let you take their gun out on the skeet range and try them out.

Comment

Texasguntrader.com will randomly have a deal here and there

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
            Birds and clays. I don’t really have a “need” for a $3K+ shotgun as I will never put enough shells through it to wear it out, but I want one. One that will last a lifetime and one that will be passed down. A nice O/U is about the only firearm that I really admire and appreciate the classic appearance. So basically, this is a lifetime purchase and something I’ve wanted for a good while. Definitely not going to step into something without trying it on first, but I want to shop real world prices to see what’s reality vs fantasy to keep myself from shouldering a bunch of guns that I wouldn’t be buying anyway.
            You sir, are buying an O/U for the right and proper reasons! Find the gun you want first....then find the place to buy it. If you fight the price on a good O/U, you will not get the piece you want.

Comment

You can get a brand new Browning CXS 32" barrel for 1900.00 TTL . Beretta is coming out with a 686 sporting real soon. Stay away from academy junk. I've sen a lot of guys buy a POS yildiz and they have problems with them with less than 2000rds .

Comment

I didn't think I could wear out a shotgun either when I bought my Beretta 682 back in my early 20's...it was A LOT of money for a kid like me & I recently sent it in to Cole's who is their authorized service center to save it & get it back up to speed. I did a ton of looking & research for my 2nd round and ended up with a Zoli Z-Sport.

I currently have the itch for 28ga & oddly enough there is a Browning which usually do not fit this guy who prefers Italians leading the hunt, but I'm in no hurry. I'll wait until I'm done checking & likely end up with a like new barely used rig, but I understand the gig.

Take your time & once you know for sure the gun that won't bring sellers remorse, shoot me PM & I'll be glad to help you find the market...that part is rather easy & should not be on the frond end, so don't fret it for now. Focus on the search for the correct gun.

Comment

Originally posted by bmiller View Post
                  X2. I have bought two from him. Best price I could find.

Comment

Best Deals for O/U Shotgun

Budsgunshop.com.... I’ve bought 6 guns from them. They beat everything I found by $300-400 when I bought my Browning 725 Sporting Clays with 32” barrels. Find what you want and then go there and compare. No tax and their price includes shipping to your local FFL. They have thousands of FFLs on file with their fee so you just choose which one you want to use and they handle the rest. All I had to do was call the one I chose and say, I’m having a gun delivered from budsgunshop online and they took my name.... said we’ll let you know when it arrives.

Comment

I have both a 20 and 12 gauge Yildez over/under available that are better than new, with Limbsaver recoil pads and aftermarket chokes included. Both shotguns are in excellent condition and look new.

PM me if you’re interested.
                      Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                        I didn't think I could wear out a shotgun either when I bought my Beretta 682 back in my early 20's...it was A LOT of money for a kid like me & I recently sent it in to Cole's who is their authorized service center to save it & get it back up to speed. I did a ton of looking & research for my 2nd round and ended up with a Zoli Z-Sport.

I currently have the itch for 28ga & oddly enough there is a Browning which usually do not fit this guy who prefers Italians leading the hunt, but I'm in no hurry. I'll wait until I'm done checking & likely end up with a like new barely used rig, but I understand the gig.

Take your time & once you know for sure the gun that won't bring sellers remorse, shoot me PM & I'll be glad to help you find the market...that part is rather easy & should not be on the frond end, so don't fret it for now. Focus on the search for the correct gun.
                        Thanks for the advice. I may just follow up with you on that.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffpg View Post
                          I have both a 20 and 12 gauge Yildez over/under available that are better than new, with Limbsaver recoil pads and aftermarket chokes included. Both shotguns are in excellent condition and look new.

PM me if you’re interested.
                          Jeff
                          I appreciate the offer. Just looking for something a little more unique.

Comment

Originally posted by bmiller View Post
                            add me to the happy Etchen customer list. I bought a a400 xcel from them about 2 weeks ago. Super clean gun and even after shipping and xfer saved me a TON off local prices. Also very knowledgeable and accommodating when I called them

Comment

Beretta, lower end Fausti, Rizzini, Caesar Guerini
                              Have bought several guns from these guys. If they don't have what you are looking for give them a call and they can usually find it.

Comment

Look at the Stoeger Line. I have one and love it.

Comment

Working...
                                X