No announcement yet.

3 months salary ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three weeks salary what I say forget that 3 months bs !

Comment

I don't get what's wrong with people? You should buy her a ring based off of how much you make?? Buy a ring with the money that you're comfortable spending regardless of what you make.

You'll probably be buying her a present for your own wedding in a few months too.

Comment

I’m self employed. Can I pick which 3 months I want?

Comment

I did not come even close to 3 months salary for the ring for my wife. The rocks on her hand are on average larger than the majority of rings that I see on the everyday ladies that is see.

Whose 3 months salary is the rule suppose to use? Idiotic rule made up in Hollywood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
            My first marriage was young and crazy - Im getting old and settled down now, and apparently there is a "rule" for this engagement ring stuff. I was informed an "acceptable" ring needs to be 3 months salary?

Have yall heard of this before? When did this come about?
            probably started by same person that started valentines day

Comment

NOPE. Nothing in the world is more worthless than jewelry. You can't eat it. You will be lucky to get 25% of what you paid if you have to sell it. My advice is to quit your job. Spend three months x $0, then go back to work.

Comment

I am glad my aunt owned a jewelry store. My wife got to pick what she wanted.

Comment

Rings don't make a marriage, just saying.

Comment

I heard that 3 months pay deal when I bought my wife's ring a few years ago. Totally insane to say the least.

Your best bet is to pick a budget that works for you and your future family. Everyone's life situations are different; i.e. Income level, home ownership, etc.; so it's pointless to stick some arbitrary figure on something like this. I'd stay away from financing unless you get a decent period of zero to no interest.

Diamonds have a pretty significant retail mark-up, which you will pay at most brick and mortal chain type stores. You can do better dealing with a wholesaler, however, let's just say you better have some good references or know the person. It can be kind of a shady business, or let's just say, some of the people in it can be anyway.

If you are thinking retail, Jarrod is a pretty good place. If you can keep it at about a carat or a little less, there's a lot of selection in the $10K range, give or take.

Comment

Dang hope mine doesn't see this thread! I didn't even pay 2 weeks salary for hers.

Comment

3 month’s salary is ridiculous. My wife always says she would be scared to death carrying around thousands of dollars on her finger every day. I inherited her engagement ring from my grandmother, but spent half a week’s pay on a very nice wedding band for her. She was thrilled with both.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                          Dude just get her a ring that you think she'll like. Quit letting everyone else tell you how to think.
                          Xs 1000

Comment

If she said that she required a ring worth 3 month's salary, that would be my definition of a red flag!

Comment

It may not be the most romantic thing, but I would let her pick out her ring. She will be the one wearing it, and for me I don't have a clue on that stuff. Why a shiny rocks makes them all fuzzy inside is beyond me. SHe will probably spend less than you will picking blind.

Comment

Originally posted by Bort View Post
                                It’s all DeBeer’s fault. They practically invented the diamond engagement ring in the 1930s.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-27371208
                                Yep. Its all made up, good marketing. Make your own rules. Why let someone else decide what you shoud do? If she requires it, well thats another matter....

Comment

Working...
                                X