State Parks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State Parks

Getting to the time of year where I enjoy going camping. Haven't been in a few years but I have a tent, and have access to a travel trailer sometimes as well. I would really like to hear what state parks are the best. Where have you been and what do you enjoy.

I have been to Goose Island state park a few times. It is a great state park if all you want to do is sit by the tent/trailer and relax or throw some bait into the water and sit and watch the rod stay vertical!!

Really interested in the parks that would be in the SA or Houston areas. By the time I drive to Dallas I am not in the mood to camp as it is so far away. But someone else might get some info from the thread so post those up too. Any other camp grounds that have really good prices are welcome as well.

Colorado Bend, Enchanted Rock, Inks Lake, Lost Maples, Garner all get my vote

Comment

I second inks lake. Haven't been to enchanted Rock but would like to go. Also, hill country state natural area is cool and more off the beaten path than the others.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Anyone been to Palmetto State Park? Thinking about trying it out the weekend of spring break

Comment

Livingston state park is nice.

Comment

Hill Country State Natural is right next to my ranch and I go over there sometimes for a good camping adventure. Never a ton of people out there. Just a really cool place.
              Lost Maples and Colorado Bend are also beautiful.

Comment

Garner is one of our favorites

Comment

Originally posted by dhillis View Post
                  Anyone been to Palmetto State Park? Thinking about trying it out the weekend of spring break
                  I have never camped there but I have been several times just killing time. Very pretty park

Comment

Good swimming and fishing. Kind of a unique area being so close to Central Texas.

Devils River SNA is a must! Not much in the way of infrastructure but it is amazingly beautiful.

Comment

South Llano nice in the summer

Comment

I've driven around it and it is a small park but nice... Tight fit for our 36' 5th wheel and pickup but doable.. we were going to camp there this coming weekend but canceled this morning cause of the weather.

We stay away from the hill country parks cause of all the ruckus but like Caddo, Fairfield, Tyler, Lake Tawakoni, Whitney, Mission Tejas, and Livingston. Although our favorite is Goose Island, we fish off the pier and drive over to the island to fish the surf or jetties..
                        Last edited by Mike Javi Cooper; 03-02-2015, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jdeleon View Post
                          Garner is one of our favorites
                          Ditto this

Comment

Can't go wrong with inks lake

Comment

Huntsville is my fav for Houston area. Beautiful lake and trails.

Comment

Working...
                              X