Broadhead found in VZC buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broadhead found in VZC buck

So i shot a buck in canton at the end of december. When i was processing the meat i came across something hard in the brisket/rib meat i filleted off the ribs. Turns out it was a piece of arrow shaft with a rage on it. The rage did not make it into the cage. My guess is it was a hard quartering away shot and it just slid between the skin and ribs. I bet someone thought that deer was definitely dead. So hopefully they will come across this and get some closure. He showed zero signs of injury and i did not notice anything abnormal when skinning. It could have been from last year i suppose. Pretty identifiable broadhead and shaft combo.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

In other news, his rib cage did not stop my wac'em 4 blade. Neither did the off side humerus.

Comment

Glad you didn't get cut while processing

Comment

Like above stated, would have been easy to get cut on a broadhead under the muscle. Weird stuff happens in the woods. No doubt about that.

Comment

Cool find. Tough critters!!

Comment

That looks like the Rage Turkey broadhead to me...or at least how I remember it to look.

Comment

Wow! Didn't recall a green rage broadhead but after a quick visit to their site, sure enough..
              Last edited by ecallarman; 01-07-2019, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Cool find.
                I’m pretty sure that is the Rage Low KE head... Rage SS I think.

Comment

Originally posted by ecallarman View Post
                  a green rage?
                  I can't remember ever seeing a green rage either. That's what made me think it would be identifiable. The razor tip seemed a different than normal shape as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Miller View Post
                    Cool find.
                    I’m pretty sure that is the Rage Low KE head... Rage SS I think.
                    That thought crossed my mind. Not low KE enough!

Comment

I don’t guess it is the head I was thinking unless a lot of the blade length is broken off. Other than the blade length it looks close though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X