Texas Tech Fan's Thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Tech Fan's Thread?

Ok, searched and did not see a dedicated thread so.....(Deer season is done and I'm tired of reading "Is it a Mountain Lion or not, lol!)

All TTU sports teams won this past week and NATIONALLY RANKED...football no, but not the season!

Men's BBB #2 seed and came back big time to defeat TCU with Coach Beard named as Co-Coach of the year? Funny, TTU was pre-season ranked at # 7 in the Big 12?? This was Huge in our household as Momma is a TCU grad and I'm a TTU grad! Could not say much during the past year in football vs TCU so I'm PUMPED with top ratings in several sports.

If you are from Lubbock or attended TTU or have family members who are RED Raiders..we always have the "deck" stacked against us in ANY collegiate sport! Yeah, Lubbock is flat, full of dust in the spring but has a LOT of history for the good things...including TTU!! Recruiting is TOUGH, but we are getting there and there is one sport left to measure up...football! We are there with all the other's and it's looking good.

I was there during the Jim Carlen days, Spike days, King, Myers, not to mention the Baseball and Basketball days. Oh, also attended the Women's National Championship celebration when Marsha Sharpe was the Women's BBB coach!

So "Gun's Up!" Graduated in '75 (Ole' Fart) but still supporting and waiting for the NEXT National Championship....by the way...STILL a Mike Leach fan, have read his autobiography...The Pirate!
    Attached Files

Have a daughter who is a Red Raider. I love me some cap rock. If TTU could find a decent f'n coach, they could have taken advantage of bigger programs having down years. But alas, they have coach bro.

Also, I grew up and played baseball for years with and against their current head coach, Coach Tadlock. Drove past his house just the other day.

Hope they get it all together, but they will always be not the biggest name in Texas sports.

Comment

We’ve dominated spring sports (‘cept the lady raiders), #3 baseball, #12 basketball (rising), indoor national championship in track and field, ranked in tennis and golf.

Been a bangup 2018.... I just didn’t post anything cuz it’s tech and we find creative ways to go off course and we’ll it feels too good to be true.

I think this basketball team is going to do something special in March Madness, they have a 2nd half Defense like no other

Comment

Guns Up! Baseball really looks like a heck of a team this year!

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
          We’ve dominated spring sports (‘cept the lady raiders), #3 baseball, #12 basketball (rising), indoor national championship in track and field, ranked in tennis and golf.

Been a bangup 2018.... I just didn’t post anything cuz it’s tech and we find creative ways to go off course and we’ll it feels too good to be true.

I think this basketball team is going to do something special in March Madness, they have a 2nd half Defense like no other
          Agreed...if they can just get healthy from this point on! Just love their HEART and fighting back...."Gun's up and silence the haters!"

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
            Agreed...if they can just get healthy from this point on! Just love their HEART and fighting back...."Gun's up and silence the haters!"
            Honestly this team reminds me of the Lady Raider national Title team, over-achieving, all heart, next man up sorta attitude. Chris Beard will be a legend in Lubbock, even if all he does is win a Big12 title from Bill Self

Comment

!

Originally posted by Playa View Post
              Honestly this team reminds me of the Lady Raider national Title team, over-achieving, all heart, next man up sorta attitude. Chris Beard will be a legend in Lubbock, even if all he does is win a Big12 title from Bill Self
              Agreed!!

Comment

Been a HUGE Tech fan all my life. Kingsbury should've been let go 2 years ago. Its time for Kingsbury to go and hire our captain Leach back!!! I know I know thats never going to happen.

Comment

Leach put tech on the map for football, 07’ grad. Can’t imagine the pressure coach bro feels after what the other sports programs are throwing down.

Comment

Not here.

Comment

Had a good time up there this wknd. Took my son and his buddy up there. They are juniors and both considering going. We went to the basketball game vs TCU which was a great game. It was also senior night. We also watched the baseball team whopp up on South Alabama on Saturday as well. I'm the Class of 96. Place sure has changed a lot. The men's track team is #1 in the country which is awesome. They just won the Big 12 and off to Nationals. Men's basketball, baseball and track are all doing really well and moving in the right direction.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Spring 2018 is going well. Wreck Em

Comment

Guns Up! Class of 94 here.

Comment

I was a proud Red Raider graduate from the class of ‘90. I’m even more proud to be from Tech after this spring. Culture is changing here.

Comment

Guns up!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X