Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
    Did you go bolt up or weld up?

Those schematics are of a 1:12 pitch. A 3:12 will look different.
    Y’all correct, those are the 1 on 12 prints. It will be a 3 on 12 though. Did a bolt up, can always backweld if I feel the need later on.
    Last edited by BBRU; 03-23-2018, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
      All I can tell you is the one my dad had built was a 40 x 60 and after 4 years, all he would have done different is gone a little bigger.

Build the biggest you can afford.
      With all the concrete work I’m going to have to do, a 30x50 is going to have to be enough..... for now anyways.... it will have a 12x50 slab on the opposite side of the 10x10 door and 42x30 slab on the front

Comment

Originally posted by BBRU View Post
        With all the concrete work I’m going to have to do, a 30x50 is going to have to be enough..... for now anyways.... it will have a 12x50 slab on the opposite side of the 10x10 door and 42x30 slab on the front
        Something to consider my friend. If you believe there is any chance to add on to the length of the building, then get them to put a main frame on that end. They will still have to put endwall columns up, in order to carry endwall girts. When you go to add on, you will just move the interior columns, girts and sheets/trim, down to your new endwall. Adding a main frame allows you to maintain a clearspan throughout the length of the building.
        Last edited by Ironman; 03-23-2018, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Something to consider my friend. If you believe there is any chance to add on to the length of the building, then get them to put a main frame on that end. They will still have to put endwall columns up, in order to carry endwall girts. When you go to add on, you will just move the interior columns, girts and sheets/trim, down to your new endwall. Adding a main frame allows you to maintain a clearspan throughout the length of the building.
          What’s the difference in a main frame end vs the red iron beams they are using?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisk View Post
            If you go metal buzz me and tell me who you went with so I can see if I galvanized it. Most but not all of our steel is for construction in way or another.
            Metal Depot

Comment

What’s the difference in a main frame end vs the red iron beams they are using?
              Most buildings now have what is called a cold form end wall. It means it is framed with purlins or some thing close to purlins that is 14 ga. usually. It will not span the full distance across the shop with out some vertical columns in the span. By having them put a main frame on that end means it is made of "I" beams like the middle rafter is made of and can span all the way across the shop with out any middle columns.

If you want to extend the shop another span while using the "I" beam then there won't be any thing in your way in the middle of the shop as you would have to do with the purlin framed end wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                Most buildings now have what is called a cold form end wall. It means it is framed with purlins or some thing close to purlins that is 14 ga. usually. It will not span the full distance across the shop with out some vertical columns in the span. By having them put a main frame on that end means it is made of "I" beams like the middle rafter is made of and can span all the way across the shop with out any middle columns.

If you want to extend the shop another span while using the "I" beam then there won't be any thing in your way in the middle of the shop as you would have to do with the purlin framed end wall.
                Gotcha, I will definitely ask about that on Monday, thank you for informing me about that

Comment

I just priced a 30' X 30' with 10' side walls and 12 drop, 2- 10' X 8' roll up doors and 1 walk threw. weld together building, material only $8600 delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by Nock This View Post
                    I just priced a 30' X 30' with 10' side walls and 12 drop, 2- 10' X 8' roll up doors and 1 walk threw. weld together building, material only $8600 delivered.
                    Mine was $16,500.00 Comes with a windstorm certificate and is rated for 130 mph winds. The dang windstorm doors are $4,000.00, freaking outrageous. My insurance doesn’t require windstorm, but others do and if I ever switch, I didn’t want to be stuck with an uninsurable structure.

Comment

Mine was $16,500.00 Comes with a windstorm certificate and is rated for 130 mph winds. The dang windstorm doors are $4,000.00, freaking outrageous. My insurance doesn’t require windstorm, but others do and if I ever switch, I didn’t want to be stuck with an uninsurable structure.
                      What are windstorm doors?

Edit to say, I know what it is, just making sure you do fully.
                      Last edited by Ironman; 03-24-2018, 08:13 AM.

Comment

What are windstorm doors?

Edit to say, I know what it is, just making sure you do fully.
                        Windstorm rated doors to meet the requirements of the county windstorm engineer I would assume.

Comment

Originally posted by Nock This View Post
                          You're building the wrong size building. Almost all manufacturers use 8" purlins and they only span to 25'. Your 30' span will require 3 rafter and leg sets with 15' spans. A 50' building only has 3 rafter and leg sets as well. Check on the price of a 30'x 40' or if that's too big then a 25'x25'. They will be a much better deal, money wise.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Working...
                            X