Serial bomber in Austin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigL View Post
    Now that it's over and they are talking about the technology the police used to capture him and I'm wondering why they are giving how that tech works and that will make it harder to catch future people.
    I haven’t seen where they have explained specifically how the technology works, and I figure it’s common knowledge that things like transaction records, surveillance video and cell phone triangulation was common knowledge

Comment

He appeared to be on a cell phone walking out of the fedex... hitting the nearest towers logs for around that time and doing some pretty basic investigation on the devices hitting it...then comparing it to other bomb site tower logs....looking for matches to any of the numbers... then doing a lookup on that number.....then finding that devices last login time with a carrier log..what tower..and then triangulation to an area..find his car ..find his hotel...find his hotel room...etc

all speculation..but basic knowledge on tracking cell phone usage..

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
        Now that it's over and they are talking about the technology the police used to capture him and I'm wondering why they are giving how that tech works and that will make it harder to catch future people.
        Im worried about our constitutional rights. I cant be the only one wondering how Google was involved and they searched his computer BEFORE there was a search warrant to search his house. The media is reporting his browser history was used to help identify him.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
          I haven’t seen where they have explained specifically how the technology works, and I figure it’s common knowledge that things like transaction records, surveillance video and cell phone triangulation was common knowledge
          not sure it's common knowledge that it can track the person with that much accuracy. Also I'm not sure people realize how much information google tracks on your phone's usage

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
            Im worried about our constitutional rights. I cant be the only one wondering how Google was involved and they searched his computer BEFORE there was a search warrant to search his house. The media is reporting his browser history was used to help identify him.
            were they searching his computer, or pulling data off Google's computers .... with Google's cooperation?

Comment

They just evacuated downtown Pflugerville from Pecan to Railroad to Applewood to City Park Road

Comment

Siri also logs everything g you say to it and sends it in- everything you say do or search leaves a footprint

Comment

Im sure he had a Google account most do and don't realize it. So it saves you searches from your PC so you can search faster on any device.

I was searching Kayaks the other day on google. Then the pop up advertisements started across the board on FB, Yahoo, and a few other sites all showing Kayaks I was looking for.
                  Last edited by justintyme8303; 03-21-2018, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                    they had a warrant to get info from google. They didn't search his computer they searched information google had. He was looking up addresses on his phone to mail packages. A search from google's history to see who searched for FedEx location he used is all they needed. From there they were able to look at the information that showed his location history and the rest of his internet search history. From there they got warrant from phone company to triangulate his location.

Comment

Originally posted by boomerball View Post
                      were they searching his computer, or pulling data off Google's computers .... with Google's cooperation?
                      From what I heard on the news.. so take it for what its worth.. is flagging certain questions on Google within a certain proximity.

Comment

google's computer with google's cooperation.

Comment

Just assume anything over phone or computer could be known.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                            Just assume anything over phone or computer could be known.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk
                            i realized how much google tracked when I lost my phone on a camping trip.
                            I was able to use another phone to get in my account and find the location of my phone. In the dark I was able to basically walk right up on the phone which was a mile away.

After that I got in and looked around at what they were tracking. Just was surprised at how much history they keep.

Comment

Thats kind of my assumption. Which is scary google is tracking and RECORDING your searches. Im sure they just put it in part of their user agreement.

Im getting more and more annoyed with government and now corporate surveillance. Facebook/Cambridge Analytica, all of the Snowden stuff, now theres this. It just doesnt stop.

I know this is a derailment of the topic but I figured if you havent seen this, this is how much Google is tracking you:
                              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

What gets me is the white wig. I am pretty sure that if I worked in a Fed Ex drop off building, i'd be somewhat alert with all that was going on. Surely, a young man with long flowing white hair and gloves would draw my attention.

Comment

Working...
                                X