Serial bomber in Austin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
    Bomber may have made a mistake that might catch him. The package that blew up at FedEx in Schertz was sent from a FedEx location on Brodie Ln in Austin. This location is in a shopping center so hopefully there will be some video, the 6th package that was sent to FedEx in Austin did not explode so there should be a lot of information from that package.
    Sunset Valley and Travis Country aren’t that far from one another- I’m thinking this bomber’s home range is somewhere in the SW Austin area. I live off Brodie in Sunset Valley about 4 minutes from the Fed Ex and my parents live about 7 minutes from Travis Country.

GClyde that must be your grey truck I see exit Davis and William Cannon every now and then?
    Last edited by Patton; 03-20-2018, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
      Sunset Valley and Travis Country aren’t that far from one another- I’m thinking this bomber’s home range is somewhere in the SW Austin area. I live off Brodie in Sunset Valley about 4 minutes from the Fed Ex and my parents live about 7 minutes from Travis Country.
      Could be but I wouldn't put it past him driving the 20-30 minutes south across town to do his work away from his home.

Nope not me, I drive a White GMC 1500. Dont have a sticker on it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
        Could be but I wouldn't put it past him driving the 20-30 minutes south across town to do his work away from his home.

Nope not me, I drive a White GMC 1500. Dont have a sticker on it though.
        I would agree with that. Rolling in to the nearest fedex to your house is asking to run in to someone you know...

Comment

Ok so if they found a bomb that was not detonated, and they were able to trace it to the location it was dropped off, they should have a pretty dang good description of the guy and possibly the vehicle as well at this point with surveillance footage, correct?

Comment

Ok so if they found a bomb that was not detonated, and they were able to trace it to the location it was dropped off, they should have a pretty dang good description of the guy and possibly the vehicle as well at this point with surveillance footage, correct?
            You would think, but this just seems really odd that after 3 successful bombings that the person responsible would suddenly dramatically change their execution method.

I mean it’s not rocket science that stores have surveillance cameras and fedex tracks their shipments and associated data (unless it’s my hunting gear, which seems to mysteriously fall through the cracks). Just odd and does not make sense

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
              You would think, but this just seems really odd that after 3 successful bombings that the person responsible would suddenly dramatically change their execution method.

I mean it’s not rocket science that stores have surveillance cameras and fedex tracks their shipments and associated data (unless it’s my hunting gear, which seems to mysteriously fall through the cracks). Just odd and does not make sense
              Im with you, but he had to change from dropping random packages on people's door steps because we all wised up. So he went with a trip wire. He could have kept going that route but im sure set up time was riskier.

But if he shipped packages that required signatures upon delivery maybe people wouldn't be as keen to it since all of the other suspicious packages had been just left on front porches overnight. I don't know that these two required signatures but its an option.

Comment

Uneasy

Comment

This guy left fingerprints or hair, or something on that package, somewhere.

He's toast.

Comment

Im with you, but he had to change from dropping random packages on people's door steps because we all wised up. So he went with a trip wire. He could have kept going that route but im sure set up time was riskier.

But if he shipped packages that required signatures upon delivery maybe people wouldn't be as keen to it since all of the other suspicious packages had been just left on front porches overnight. I don't know that these two required signatures but its an option.
                    Makes sense because early on the 1st packages were just left by someone and were not from Amazon, UPS, FedEx etc. so those packages were safe we were told. Now not so much.

Comment

Hopefully he just blows himself up...

Comment

Hope he blows himself up too or blows his hands off and can't call 911 and bleeds out. Need to catch him soon so he doesn't hurt anymore innocent people. To many sicko's out there for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                          Uneasy
                          Be as vigilant as possible sir! Sorry you have to deal with this to make a living.
                          Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                          Hopefully he just blows himself up...
                          Works for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                            Be as vigilant as possible sir! Sorry you have to deal with this to make a living.

Works for me!
                            Ya we were briefed this am getting closer and closer to home hope it ends soon

Comment

Whole other level of scary if a package gets dropped off as legit at a shipper's office, makes it all the way to a processing center, and then goes off. Do I understand correctly that this is what happened to the Schertz exploding package, which exploded on a conveyor belt during sorting?

If so, this means that any package could be suspect, even if properly labeled. Just may not have been shaken enough or may just have a timer set to go off at some random time.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                                Whole other level of scary if a package gets dropped off as legit at a shipper's office, makes it all the way to a processing center, and then goes off. Do I understand correctly that this is what happened to the Schertz exploding package, which exploded on a conveyor belt during sorting?

If so, this means that any package could be suspect, even if properly labeled. Just may not have been shaken enough or may just have a timer set to go off at some random time.
                                Yes, the explosion last night in Schertz is being reported that the package was dropped of at the FedEx store on Brodie Lane. It is my understanding that this location doesn't have any drop boxes so it had to be handed over in person. I've never paid enough attention to know if there are actually drop boxes or not when I've stopped in there. It then made its way to the distribution center in Schertz where it was supposed to be delivered back to an Austin address but it exploded on the conveyor belt line.

Comment

Working...
                                X