Best bass lake around San Antonio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best bass lake around San Antonio?

I'm not much on bass fishing but do enjoy catching a few when I can't chase reds and trout at the coast. I usually fish from my kayak and in the past I've gone to lake placid which is just 10 minutes from the house or the cibilo creek. I'm looking for some tips on where I can go chase some good bass at? Any tips?

Calaveras has reds in it...... For bass, I hear Medina is decent and it's it pretty....

Comment

Lake Amistad in Del Rio is a real good big bass lake from what I've heard but it's aways off

Comment

It's been a while since I've been to either, but Calaveras and Braunig have both been good to me in the past. Braunig is fairly small and should be manageable from a kayak. Calaveras might be a bit of a challenge, but I've caught fish within a reasonable distance from the boat launch. Good luck, whatever you decide!

Comment

Medina

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
            Medina
            Was out there last weekend, beautiful lake

Comment

Choke Canyon is not too far if you want good bass.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
                Calaveras has reds in it...... For bass, I hear Medina is decent and it's it pretty....
                I never have had much luck out there but am still trying.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                  Choke Canyon is not too far if you want good bass.
                  Thanks for the heads up but I think if I'm going that far I'll keep trucking to the coast!

Comment

Dunlap, Mcqueeny, Choke, Canyon, Placid. Venture out a little farther and Coletto Creek is a good one.

Comment

Working...
                    X