No announcement yet.

New LED Headlights on my truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To the OP, thanks for at least checking out the headlight alignment. Not many leveled/lifted tonka toy truck owners even think of anybody else. I and a lot of other motorists appreciate it!

Comment

Well since LEDs aren’t designed to go in projector housings, what exactly would they go in?

As long as they are properly aimed you shouldn’t be blinding other drivers. I can tell you that I spent a ton of time researching which bulbs to put in my 2012 Ram with (GASP) reflector housings to ensure the beam patter was as close to stock as possible. I also measured the top of my beam with the halogen lamps and again with the LEDs to make sure it was at exactly the same level. I spent over $600 in LEDs to ensure everything including the fogs were as close to OEM pattern as possible. I didn’t just buy the cheapest and claimed brightest lamps off Amazon/eBay, etc. The improvement in lighting is dramatic.

I think somebody is being a drama queen on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Did your factory dust covers fit back in place with the new bulbs?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          Well since LEDs aren’t designed to go in projector housings, what exactly would they go in?

As long as they are properly aimed you shouldn’t be blinding other drivers. I can tell you that I spent a ton of time researching which bulbs to put in my 2012 Ram with (GASP) reflector housings to ensure the beam patter was as close to stock as possible. I also measured the top of my beam with the halogen lamps and again with the LEDs to make sure it was at exactly the same level. I spent over $600 in LEDs to ensure everything including the fogs were as close to OEM pattern as possible. I didn’t just buy the cheapest and claimed brightest lamps off Amazon/eBay, etc. The improvement in lighting is dramatic.

I think somebody is being a drama queen on this.

He's not being a drama queen. Specific type bulbs needs specific type housings/reflectors. LED's (or HID's) in a halogen housing/reflector will flood light. It won't be a properly focused beam & will blind the crap out of oncoming drivers. You can not aim them to make this light spill go away. You have to have them in the right housing w/the right reflector system. This is common knowledge among people in car/truck forums.

Comment

I wish you guys could be on the receiving end of those Lights...Your Blinding us

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
              He's not being a drama queen. Specific type bulbs needs specific type housings/reflectors. LED's (or HID's) in a halogen housing/reflector will flood light. It won't be a properly focused beam & will blind the crap out of oncoming drivers. You can not aim them to make this light spill go away. You have to have them in the right housing w/the right reflector system. This is common knowledge among people in car/truck forums.
              i have lights set up just for these coming down the road, if i can not see neither will they,,,, i let them have a dose of there own blinding light!

Comment

Geez. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post

So answer my question. LEDs are not designed for projectors. What are they designed for?

The LEDs I bought nearly perfectly mimic the factory beam pattern.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhunter View Post
                    What kind of vehicle does your wife have? I get people flashing lights at me all of the time with my leveled platinum and factory HIDs.
                    Same here. I get sick of people thinking i have my hi beams on. It’s a leveled 2017 f150 with factory HID’s. I have not looked into if they can be adjusted. I get the bird shot at me by cars in front of me all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                      Same here. I get sick of people thinking i have my hi beams on. It’s a leveled 2017 f150 with factory HID’s. I have not looked into if they can be adjusted. I get the bird shot at me by cars in front of me all the time.

Here’s a novel idea, readjust your lights to stock height. So they won’t be in people’s face. [emoji6]

Yes they can be adjusted. Who installed your leveling kit.

Comment

I need some of these. The headlights in my F250 suck.

Comment

Shoulda went with the blue ones...

Comment

Here’s a novel idea, readjust your lights to stock height. So they won’t be in people’s face. [emoji6]

Yes they can be adjusted. Who installed your leveling kit.

It can be done in your garage. YouTube is your friend and will keep someone from putting a hammer thru one of your headlights.

Comment

So answer my question. LEDs are not designed for projectors. What are they designed for?

The LEDs I bought nearly perfectly mimic the factory beam pattern.

It would be impossible for a led to mimic a halogen filament that has 360 degrees of light.
                              You are only kidding yourself if you think a led lamp works better than a halogen in a housing designed for halogens...You would be better off buying better halogen lamps.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                                It would be impossible for a led to mimic a halogen filament that has 360 degrees of light.

You are only kidding yourself if you think a led lamp works better than a halogen in a housing designed for halogens...You would be better off buying better halogen lamps.

This is what I used to make my decision on my LED bulbs. If you care to take the time, it’s an informative video. It makes it even better that they used the exact housings that are in my truck.

Comment

Working...
                                X