Lumenok arrow flight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lumenok arrow flight?

Will lumenoks affect arrowflight cause of the extra weight?

A little bit. You will at least need to check your poi with them on to see how much it drops.

Comment

shoot the nocturnal lighted nocks. They do not seem to affect my arrow flight at all

Comment

Originally posted by fireman0684 View Post
        shoot the nocturnal lighted nocks. They do not seem to affect my arrow flight at all
        x2 the nocturnals are the best on the market

Comment

A cou ple of points. It can affect your spine, and that "can" change your POI sl. Probably won't notice the change in "normal" hunting distances. Check how the nock fits on your center serving. There can be some problems there. Both of these problems have been discussed significantly here and other forums. The nock problems seem to be the most problematic of diagnosing flight problems noted with arrow flight issues.
          This is why I bring it out now.
          Roy

Comment

the lumenoks are about 5-7 grains heavier will that greatly affect flight?

Comment

Originally posted by Bear95 View Post
              Will lumenoks affect arrowflight cause of the extra weight?
              As good as I can shoot out to 40 I didn't notice any difference on my poi. That said my groups at 40 aremt fantastic so if it were off an inch or so I wouldn't have noticed.

Comment

i have 2 sets of arrows one set is 7 grains heavier than the other. at 20 yds the heavy set shoots an inch low and about 2.5 inches low at 30 and so on and so on. you still need to check by practicing with them even though its only 5-6 grains because they will be heavier than they originally were.

Comment

I've never had them change anything

Comment

If ya wanna be sure buy a couple packs and sight in with them. Expensive if ur shooting groups but a really good way to be sure. That's just my opinion tho, as I was always told to practice with what u hunt with.

Comment

5 grains will not change your trajectory enough to notice at almost any range. Like said above, they might change how the arrow flys because of a different fit on the string or spine changes

Comment

they can change dynamic spine and foc. the change in poi should be nominal but verified none the less.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                          i have 2 sets of arrows one set is 7 grains heavier than the other. at 20 yds the heavy set shoots an inch low and about 2.5 inches low at 30 and so on and so on. you still need to check by practicing with them even though its only 5-6 grains because they will be heavier than they originally were.
                          7 grains changes poi by 2.5 inches at 30?
                          Wonder if something else might be different?

Comment

Lumenok changed my POI very little out to 35 yards. You might want to practice with them some just to verify your point of impact though.

Comment

with my gold tip velocitys nockturnals hit about four or so inches low at twenty, turns out the new smaller gold tip nocks are smaller top to bottom at the string groove than the nockturnal ( and most standard nocks ) shooting nockturnals raised the tail of the arrow pointing it more downward. replaced the nocks with the older largergold tip nocks, retuned and resighted and everything hits the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X