• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FoxPro

Which FoxPro and why?

Following

Comment

my thought process was, they all play the exact same sounds. the more $$ ones just play them louder, and with more speakers. so, determine how loud you need based on where you will hunt, and decide if you want more than one speaker to direct the sound in more than one direction (keep in mind you can add an external to any of them).

Comment

I bought the Wildfire Tuesday and my son took it out behind the house and called up a bobcat that afternoon so I guess it will work for us.

Comment

Originally posted by OBU13DAD View Post
          I bought the Wildfire Tuesday and my son took it out behind the house and called up a bobcat that afternoon so I guess it will work for us.
          Did you look at other Fox Pro models?

Comment

I have the wildfire.. I love it.. It is very loud but if it is windy I wish I had a external speaker which I can add for a lot less than the expensive one. That being said I dont know if the wildfire plays the sound as clear as the more expensive ones or if even a animal will notice the difference. I do like the color screen remotes on some of the better ones. The buttons on the wildfire glow in the dark if you charge them but they go out fairly quickly so sometimes i hit the wrong button. But Im not willing to pay another 200 dollars just to have a better remote. I could have two or three wildfires for the price of some of the others and then you could play two sounds at once. Haa..

Comment

I just use the Wildfire as well. We normally hunt in places with about a 300 yard radius of view, so that call has no problem getting the sound out far enough. The higher priced models are used for what you see on TV when those guys are hunting up on hills in the desert and can see for half a mile IMO. So if you plan on making some serious long distance calls, I'd look into the high end ones, but if not, the Wildfire and other calls <$200 should suit you just fine!

Comment

I have the Foxpro FX3. It’s an older model. Cost me around $450 I believe???

Here are my thoughts…

Louder is not always better. More of my kills have been at a “realistic” volume or lower than realistic volume. You can ruin a hunt be getting to loud and scare everything away. I don’t try to bring every predator in from the next county. So don’t be wrapped up in volume.

Sounds. You will find that some models have 100 + preset sounds. Mine has 32 sounds.
                I use only 3 of the 32. You will find your “go-to” sounds and never touch the rest.
                1. Jack rabbit in distress (lightning jack) guarantee kill
                2. Baby cottontail squeak guarantee kill (bobcats love this)
                3. Raccoon fight (guarantee coon kill)

Remote. My remote is old school but works. It has to be “charged” with a flash light for the buttons to glow in the dark. I suggest getting a remote with back light buttons or a LCD screen to display sound or the sound number. Nothing is more frustrating than fumbling with a flash light trying to find a particular sound. I can run my remote now blind folded but for a new hunter having the remote light up is nice.

Remote range. The farther you can separate yourself from the fox pro the better in my opinion. Mine can reach out to 100yds. Some people say keep the call next to you at night. I have had luck with this but still prefer to separate myself.

Aux inputs. These are nice to add Mojo’s or decoys and control with your remote. This isn’t a must have but it helps. Stand alone or connected to Fox pro. The decoy will take attention away from you. Heck I have used a turkey feather tied to a stick…It works.

USB or SD card input. These are nice to have to change the sounds if you want to try something new. My buddy loads his up with different turkey calls.

Last comment…make sure it’s a FOXPRO. I have tried them all. Nothing compares to the quality. I wasn’t happy with the bargain FoxPro (spit fire). Seemed a little cheap…but that’s my opinion.

Buy once, cry once and get ready to pull the trigger because it happens FAST.

Comment

I have the Spitfire (think the cheapest of the models) have killed plenty of yotes and racoons off this call. Not the loudest by any means but gets the job done

Comment

I have the spitfire and it makes some noise! I have called in a few coyotes with it, and it is small enough to throw in your hunting bag. I'm happy with mine. $200

Comment

Working...
                    X