Cut on contact vs. trocar tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cut on contact vs. trocar tip

Referring to rage 2blade heads. I've had no trouble out of rage for the past 4 seasons so I'm stickin with em. But beside bone, is there any advantage to the trocar tip vs. the cut on contact tip they've had?

i'm a rage fan but calling the old tip coc is a stretch. i think the trocar is going to be more durable and more of a bone crusher

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
      i'm a rage fan but calling the old tip coc is a stretch.
      True. I shoulda worded that a bit different. Would the unsharpened leading edge of the standard rage penetrate any better than the pointy trocar tip?

Comment

I had a few problems with “A” mechanical broad heads and switched to a fixed blade Zwickey. Not wanting to put down mechanicals and start a “hard cast Vs. jacketed” debate I am just going to say that is all I want to hunt with today. I do sharpen the Zwickey’s on a Lansky system to the point both edges would shave. What I can say is that the Zwickey penetrated a 175 sow, split the rib while exiting, and still obtained a full pass through shot. About 15 min latter I used the exact same set up to shoot a coyote. Both animals left a huge blood trains that were easy to follow.

Just my experiences...

Duane

Comment

Working...
        X