Over Dampening?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over Dampening?

Has anyone had or heard of any problems with over dampening your bow? I'm referring to string silencers, limb dampeners, etc…

Anything you put on your string or your limbs can slow the speed of the bow down. I guess you could put too many on the string and really cause a problem, but not sure. Don't think that many on the limbs would hurt it, but again not sure.

Comment

Is it a waste to put silencers on the cables? I put one above and one below the cable guide on each of the cables. They are the type that are zip-tied on, so I could easily remove them if needed. They don't seem to make any noise, just curious if I'm wasting time and money over-dampening.

Comment

I don't like anything on my strings. Afraid it will slow down my bow. I've heard if the whiskers get wet, they'll really slow it down.

Comment

I have Super Leeches close to my speed nocks on my string. One super leech in each cable. I lost a whole 3fps by putting them close to the speed nocks and killed all the string twang.

Comment

We put speed nocks on the bow string and it did slow the string down quiet a bit with no noticeable sound deadening at all just a 5 FPS drop in speed. with Cats whiskers and catfish loop he lost almost 17 FPS in speed.

So I'd say yes. a proper timed and tuned bow can get by with marble size cats whiskers and make the bow stupid quiet. And still keep decent speed, But then again, If it's stupid quiet there in no need for speed. Know what I mean. Some bows with tune quickly some take a few tricks to quiet it down. Both types of tuning has always worked the best for me. it takes patiences and knowledge, Don't just start cranking on the limb bolts or twisting control cables.

Comment

Working...
            X