Nalgai ?s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nalgai ?s

Taking the kid on a TPWD Hunt and if he gets lucky I have a few questions. A deboned bull. Will it fit in 120 quart cooler? Also do the hides make good rugs? Some critters are attractive when rugs some not so much.

i dont think 1 120 qt cooler will be enough. I would bring 2 minimum and a third if possible. I havent had a rug made but did shoulder mount one and get a lot of compliments on his hide.

Comment

I’ve never deboned one but would think you would need an extra cooler for a mature bull. Not sure on the rug.

Comment

If he does get lucky I don’t plan on carrying bones out. Just meat in cloth bags. I’ll bring 2 coolers

Comment

I bet it will fit de-boned, but it will be a load.

Hides are about the hair type/thickness of a cow hide. Color just depends on the maturity of the bull and rut phase.

Comment

Have seen a couple of rugs, and I like them.

Comment

Rug

This is a cow Nilgia I had done.....I don't think a Nilgia would fit into one cooler....a bull will run about 500-600 lbs and I have seen bigger....
              Attached Files

Comment

I agree with Dale. It would likely fit but wouldnt leave much room for ice and would be a chore to load.

Best of luck on the hunt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Two will be more than enough for the meat even on a big one.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadhender View Post
                    Two will be more than enough for the meat even on a big one.

I’ve got mine in 3 125 quart coolers and one 75 quart cooler sitting in my truck right now. Only thing I didn’t de-bone was the hind quarters which are the biggest and I put them in one of the coolers by themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                      Taking the kid on a TPWD Hunt and if he gets lucky I have a few questions. A deboned bull. Will it fit in 120 quart cooler? Also do the hides make good rugs? Some critters are attractive when rugs some not so much.
                      I hope he gets one. Itll be a great time either way. Here's hoping for some LDP's.

Comment

Is it ok to debone one in camp?
                        I know all too well you can't with whitetail, but are exotics exempt from this rule? I tried to find once before on the TPWD website, but couldn't find it.

OH...and good luck to y'all...big bucket list for me!

Comment

Mary can’t debone any game animal. Hogs and exotics are considered invasive and you can break them down however you want- That is my understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                            Mary can’t debone any game animal. Hogs and exotics are considered invasive and you can break them down however you want- That is my understanding.

Comment

good luck what dates he get picked?? we will be out there dec 27-30 at LAWR

Comment

Working...
                              X