Big buck down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big buck down!

Unfortunately I didn't kill this buck with my bow. I just traded in my bow last weekend to my local pro shop and ordered a Halon 5" brace in the slate gray tactical color; I can't wait till that comes in a few weeks! Anyway, I flew down to my home town in Laredo to hunt the last weekend of the season on a deer lease that a couple of my uncles manage.
    Saturday morning I'm in a blind we call Apollo with my uncle glassing and already watching deer before the sun comes up around 645-650. It was dark but we could make out mostly does at that point and 1 or 2 bucks. About 10-15 minutes later I look out the west window and see a deer in the middle of the road about 150 yards out. We both immediately glass it and to our surprise we both say he's HUGE and has a wide spread. I bring up the rifle to the window as I get the green light to pull the trigger. Not two seconds later, the buck starts walking towards the brush almost out of sight. Tio Rick instinctively hollers the infamous doe "behhh" and the buck stop's dead in his tracks right before the brush line. That very second he made that deadly decision to stop and look around, the trigger was pulled sending the bullet flying through the air to make a fatal shot sending the buck to the ground. He wasn't able to take a single step and fell over from where he last stood.
    He is my biggest trophy by far and I couldn't be more happier to harvest this amazing deer. I was truly blessed to spend the weekend with those I care for the most and doing what I love, hunting. The smallest regret I had was I couldn't harvest this buck with my bow.
    But hell, I'm only 26 and have many more hunts in my lifetime and now more than ever, I'm determined to take a larger buck with my new Halon. Till next time everyone! Have a good one.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Saweet!!

Comment

I couldn't (don't know how) put all the pictures in one post, so this is the outcome.
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice buck!

Comment

Nice buck!! Congrats

Comment

Yes sir you got ya a good one.

Comment

Great buck, congrats

Comment

Congrats, that is a wide deer.

Comment

Nice buck!

Comment

Nice looking deer. Congrats!

Comment

Nice deer

Comment

Great buck, congrats.

Comment

Very nice! Congratulations!

Comment

South Texas sat its finest!! What a deer. Congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X