Sitka fanatic lite jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sitka fanatic lite jacket

Was looking at this jacket but wanted the green screens advice. Read great reviews but wanted to know how this jacket would do in low 20s to mid 30s sitting in treestand. I only hunt texas as of now. Thanks

I'd be interested too. I have the fanatic and it's usually too warm 99% of the time.

Comment

Im glad to know that. From what I read the fanatic is to warm for most texas hunts it sounds like

Comment

I have the celsius jacket and the fanatic. If its in the 20-30 range ill be in my fanatic but you wont need much under it. The Celsius would be better for the warmer temps.

Comment

After reading what I could and debating what would work in Central Tx, I chose the Celsius. Its a little bulkier then I expected but the Equinox seemed too thin and the original Fanatic line just doesn't seem unusable for our weather. The Fanatic "lite" may be a better fit especially if you like the layout of the cross zipper and pockets. Personally been able to handle everything minus rain layering with the Celsius. On the worst days, I've layered the Stratus vest over the Celsius for wind protection. If I hadn't had the vest, I probably would have been cold though. I find myself wearing the Stratus pants and vest most days under 70deg. I've considered the Fanatic lite bibs but haven't pulled the trigger lacking the windstopper. Wish they still made the stratus bibs for this reason.

Comment

Ive checked it out and can’t find much purpose for it. Also, didn’t like the stratus jacket collar. If you layer and have a wind blocker, I like Cabelas, then you will save $ and be warmer for various temps.

Comment

Fanatic good for temps less than freezing but it’s not super quiet. I hear Sitka is redesigning the fanatic to be quieter. Doubt it will affect the lite series but you never know. I’d wait to buy and prolly won’t buy the lite unless they add a better wind blocker or go rainproof.

Comment

I have been looking at the fanatic lite and stratus jackets trying to decide. I went and tried both on yesterday at Live Oak Archery and think I am going to go with the Fanatic Lite.. The Stratus seems a little noisy with the windblocker and more than anything I want absolute silence. I hunt the hill country primarily so it is not unlikely to have 10 deer within bow range when I go to draw. While lacking the windblocker may make it cooler on those morning we do have a front blowing through I may just get the stratus vest for those occasions. Torn on whether I want the fanatic lite bibs or the stratus pants though. I have some old nat gear windproof fleece pants I can layer under the bibs on really cold mornings so I may go that route.

Comment

I have the fanataic ( not the lite ) and the incinerator series both bibs and jacket i get cold pretty easy and if the wind is moving and drizzle I’m in my incinerator ( water proof ) if just cold the fanatic. I dont think they are to loud at all for what they are. I would freeze in the fanatic lite in the 20s but that’s me.

As far as the fit and finish, pocket ... hard to beat any of em !

Comment

Working...
                  X