Tbot arrow rest re-clarification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zaggzig View Post
    Wow just joined TBOT cuz i like the people. I am fairly new to shooting a bow and not much competion yet but hopefully that will change. The improvement in my scores will have much more to do with me than the bow in my hands. I agree with Tom D bring what ya got but leave the wheels and sights behind and beat me if you can.
    I also shoot in another league that allows any type of traditional setup including elevated rest and such. I see the good shooters in that league win and compete with old fashion wood bow and with modern equipment. It isnt the bow!!! Heck in the last shoot my wife and I went to my wife beat all but one man using a cheap wood bow with wood arrows. It is the man or woman behind the bow that matters. Not the bow
    Put two shooters of equal talent together... give one a longbow shooting off the shelf and the other a modern aluminum riser long limbed recurve bow shooting a button and an springy and the modern recurve will usually win..

Put the best shooter with a longbow and a marginal shooter with the modern recurve and the best shooter will win hands down.

Equipment does matter, but only at a certain level.. That's why the equipment was invented in the first place; to make it easier to shoot well... If a springy and button wasn't better, we'd all still be shooting off the shelf...

Comment

Originally posted by ShaBow View Post
      I think everyone appreciates the volunteers but having a COMPLETE SET of written rules which can be enforced consistantly at each shoot is not alot to ask out of an organization taking my $ every year!
      It ain't a lot of money neither... $15 a year or $30 for 3 years..

Comment

Originally posted by hodat1957 View Post
        As I understand it you can build out the riser and build up the shelf
        Correct...thats the way Ive been taught by my mentors

Comment

Originally posted by JAVI View Post
          It ain't a lot of money neither... $15 a year or $30 for 3 years..
          Not the point(5 or $500)! Having a consistant set of rules in place and enforcing them is probably the easiest step to ensure smooth operation for any organization and prevents this kinda BS which makes life hard for those volunteers!

Comment

changes my plans

I have a 50 year old recurve bow with a arrow rest that illegal thats over 50 years old.

Comment

I think everyone appreciates the volunteers but having a COMPLETE SET of written rules which can be enforced consistantly at each shoot is not alot to ask out of an organization taking my $ every year!
              ShaBow I totally agree with rules etched in stone , or carbon, and it will be in place soon as per or conversation today ! All Tbot shoots will follow these rules. thanks

Comment

Not the point(5 or $500)! Having a consistant set of rules in place and enforcing them is probably the easiest step to ensure smooth operation for any organization and prevents this kinda BS which makes life hard for those volunteers!

Unfortunately most clubs are run by people who volunteer their time and not by business majors.. Even the NFAA has similar problem with rule clarification and they are a much larger and older organization.. One of the major problems in any club is trying to please everyone and ending up pleasing almost no one..

I agree a well written and concise set of rules consistently enforced is always best, but I have rarely seen a club staffed by volunteers that could achieve that.. By the very nature it isn’t usually gonna happen.

I just joined TBoT this past week not because I’ll compete that often but because I support their efforts to promote Traditional Archery in Texas. I’m not sure what the solution is and definitely can’t predict the outcome of this rule issue but in the end a solution will appear.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue_Huntress View Post
                  I have a 50 year old recurve bow with a arrow rest that illegal thats over 50 years old.
                  What rest would that be?

Comment

Unfortunately most clubs are run by people who volunteer their time and not by business majors.. Even the NFAA has similar problem with rule clarification and they are a much larger and older organization.. One of the major problems in any club is trying to please everyone and ending up pleasing almost no one..

I agree a well written and concise set of rules consistently enforced is always best, but I have rarely seen a club staffed by volunteers that could achieve that.. By the very nature it isn’t usually gonna happen.

I just joined TBoT this past week not because I’ll compete that often but because I support their efforts to promote Traditional Archery in Texas. I’m not sure what the solution is and definitely can’t predict the outcome of this rule issue but in the end a solution will appear.
                    My problem is not with the rule either way.Its with the timing of the enforcement of a new interpretation of a vague rule!

Comment

Put two shooters of equal talent together... give one a longbow shooting off the shelf and the other a modern aluminum riser long limbed recurve bow shooting a button and an springy and the modern recurve will usually win..

Put the best shooter with a longbow and a marginal shooter with the modern recurve and the best shooter will win hands down.

Equipment does matter, but only at a certain level.. That's why the equipment was invented in the first place; to make it easier to shoot well... If a springy and button wasn't better, we'd all still be shooting off the shelf...
                      I was going to respond, but you did a much better job of it than I would have.

Dead on !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I also agree about it being untimely, but the president has no vote. Still I apologize to everyone on behalf of Tbot and hope that people will continue to support and help us get better .

Comment

Originally posted by hodat1957 View Post
                          I also agree about it being untimely, but the president has no vote. Still I apologize to everyone on behalf of Tbot and hope that people will continue to support and help us get better .
                          Hey Bud.

TBoT is an awesome organization.
                          The support will always be there.

I just feel with the way it has grown over the years, it is time to really get some solid rules in place that are clearly understood.

You have my email, and I will help with anything I can.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                            Hey Bud.

TBoT is an awesome organization.
                            The support will always be there.

I just feel with the way it has grown over the years, it is time to really get some solid rules in place that are clearly understood.

You have my email, and I will help with anything I can.

Rick
                            X2! Bud,I enjoyed talking with you!
                            Last edited by ShaBow; 03-18-2011, 08:31 PM.

Comment

So, what is considered an elevated rest? You say that the shelf can be built up. Built up with what and in what configuration. Can it be built up with a stick on feather rest? Makes no difference to me but it may to others...Van

also X3

Comment

Thank you Rick

Comment

Working...
                                X