Official Lake Whitney And Aquilla 2017-2018 Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy

Howdy everyone. New to the forum and will be heading out to Lake Whitney to hunt here in the next week or so. Any pointers with what to look for or a general area to hit up for my first hunt out there? Also if anyone is ever looking for a new hunting partner let me know, I am always up for meeting new people.

Dave R.

Comment

Welcome Dave. Best bet is boots on the ground. All the units have game. It just gets tough this time of year due to all the pressure they get. And right after season is over, you'll learn a lot more about deer movement and trails.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by fowltrouble2 View Post
        Enjoyed the post swichback, and nice deer!
        X2

Comment

Thanks. I wanted to be out there tomorrow but think I might have to work. Maybe Sunday. Good luck to everyone this weekend.

Comment

Thanks Texas Grown, I hope to get out next week and hunt/scout. From reading some posts it seems that this place has some good deer population for public land.

Dave R.

Comment

Congratulations Mac and Switchback!! Great bucks. I know you both have put in plenty of hours and it paid off. Well done fellas.

Comment

I'm out here at the entrance to an area I've haven't be3n in before. I need just a little bit of daylight and im headed in. Let's see what I find today.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                  I'm out here at the entrance to an area I've haven't be3n in before. I need just a little bit of daylight and im headed in. Let's see what I find today.
                  Good luck. I have been heart broke since thanksgiving. Had a good one step out and when I let the arrow fly I hit a tree branch. Bark stew doesn't taste so good. Hoping for better luck today.

Comment

Originally posted by Pope & Yum View Post
                    Good luck. I have been heart broke since thanksgiving. Had a good one step out and when I let the arrow fly I hit a tree branch. Bark stew doesn't taste so good. Hoping for better luck today.
                    I did that a few weeks back , best of luck to you today.

Comment

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I did that a few weeks back , best of luck to you today.
                        The same buck I missed just ran through chasing a doe with two smaller bucks. I grunted and he stopped and came back into 45 yards giving no shot. As soon as the doe started moving the chase was back on. Never seen em push a doe that hard. Third time this deer has teased me. Some good action so far though.

Comment

Originally posted by Pope & Yum View Post
                          The same buck I missed just ran through chasing a doe with two smaller bucks. I grunted and he stopped and came back into 45 yards giving no shot. As soon as the doe started moving the chase was back on. Never seen em push a doe that hard. Third time this deer has teased me. Some good action so far though.
                          Good luck hope ya get him

Comment

I 've got birds.

Comment

I 've got birds.
                              You got me on point now.
                              What kind?

Comment

Good job on the buck!

Comment

Working...