The End..............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The End..............

This is the end of the story of a truely awesome buck that my son and I have been watching for the last three years and hunting for the last two. This year he really "blew up" antler wise. We hunted him as hard as we felt we could without bumping him or educating him anymore than he already was. We just could never get on him. Plenty of daylights pics, just NOT when we were there. Fast forward to last weekend. The luckiest young man in the world went hunting with his father about 1/2 mile from our property and tagged this buck of a lifetime. We were pretty sad when we heard that the deer had been killed, but we both said we were mainly sad because the chase was over. The lucky hunter is a very deserving young man (who is now ruined for life! ha!). I have to give Kudos to his dad for allowing his son to shoot the deer EVEN after his son's first shot on the buck was a dryfire. Not many men would have had the willpower NOT to shoot. lol
    He had 17 scoreable points and taped out 165 1/8'. I know this deer spread his genes far and wide because neighbors 3 1/2 miles away had pictures of this buck. stay tuned in the years to come, I'll be posting pics of his offspring.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	deer 1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	25133837

Name:	deer 2.JPG
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	25133838

Name:	deer 3.JPG
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	25133839

Name:	deer 4.JPG
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	25133840

Cool. At least he went to a worthy man. Good on you two for supporting him instead of ragging on the situation.

Comment

Any leases available in your area. Haha, nice buck!

Comment

I'll save some necks.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks TexasArchery!!

Comment

That's an excellent buck and good luck chasing down his legacy.

Comment

Wow what a stud buck! Sorry for your loss haha.

Comment

Sorry that you didn't get him, but huge congrats to the young man.

Comment

Bummer that the ride is over. Looking forward to seeing the offspring though. They'll be some good chasers down the road.

Comment

im sure that brought dad more joy than if he had of taken the deer himself. i know it did for me when my boys were young. great buck for sure.....

Comment

Awesome deer...

Comment

Outstanding Deer.

Good story...thanks for sharing.

Congratulations to all.

Comment

awesome buck!!

Comment

Amazing buck!

Comment

Great buck with lots of character. Sorry you didn’t get him but at least you know what happened to him. Hopefully he bred many does.

Comment

Working...
                              X