Fishing Guide Rec's Conroe/Livingston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fishing Guide Rec's Conroe/Livingston

Unfortunately, I didn't get to spend as much time with Dad this past Easter weekend as I would've liked. He'd never say anything but I could tell he was bummed out. Of 3 grown sons, I'm the nearest at 4+ hours away. The other 2 are out of state and only make it to town a couple times a year, if that.

Anyways... I invited him for a guys' weekend in Houston this weekend. Just me and him. Going to catch an Astros game Friday night and hopefully doing some Crappie fishing on Lake Conroe (preferred) or Lake Livingston.

Did a bit of googling but there are tons of guides. Who would you fellas/ladies recommend? Is it too late to expect to find a guide for as soon as this weekend? I certainly hope not as I already mentioned the idea to him...

Thanks in advance.
    -Tim

Worth mentioning... we're from the coast and have never done any freshwater fishing (no gear). Or done a guided trip in general.

Would need to be supplied gear as well. Is this unreasonable?

Comment

Tex Bonin look him up Lake Conroe Fishing Guides. Call 713-252-4290

Comment

Simon Cosper with Get the Net Guide Service on Lake Livingston has always gone out of his way to Get my daughter and I on fish. Good dude.

Comment

Originally posted by sling shot View Post
          First place I looked. Glad to hear some first-hand experience. Thanks.

Comment

Bradley's Guide Service. Good friend of mine and is a fishing fool for crappie and catfish. Tell him Mitch sent you

Comment

Do that every chance you get.

My dad told me right after I bought my first bass boat that I bought it just a few years too late. I couldn't understand how he could say that. It was the perfect time in my life for the boat. He died shortly after that. I later realized he meant so we could go fishing together. I would love to go fishing with him just once more.

Comment

A Class. Look no further.

Comment

Give Tex a call if he doesn’t have any openings he can hook you up with someone that does. He has a buddy that runs Crappie trips out of 7 coves. You can try Richard Tastch the fish dude but he is probably booked. The best guide on Livingston is Michael Richardson of Lake Livingston Adventures. Loy Deason is a good one also.

Comment

I need to take my mother in law before it gets to hot. Are these guys using pontoon boats as she aint getting in a "close to the water" bass boat...……..lol!!! Great timing on this thread also.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                      I need to take my mother in law before it gets to hot. Are these guys using pontoon boats as she aint getting in a "close to the water" bass boat...……..lol!!! Great timing on this thread also.
                      Yes Tex uses a pontoon a large boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Charrison View Post
                        Simon Cosper with Get the Net Guide Service on Lake Livingston has always gone out of his way to Get my daughter and I on fish. Good dude.

Agreed. Simon is great with kids and really knows the lake.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                          Lol some DO use pontoon boats.

Comment

Thanks, guys. I'll make a couple calls

Comment

So Tex is temporarily out of commission as his boat is in the shop. For those interested, he offered a couple contacts to call ONLY until he gets his boat back Lol

Billy Mills
                              936-520-7646
                              Git-A-Guide Guide Service

Carl Bostick
                              936-718-7983
                              WetHook Guide Service

Comment

Working...
                              X