Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The outdoor channel

Who has it and who doesn't?

It seems like all the good shows out have their episodes on YouTube.

I was just looking at it as a means of advertising. But then I realized there are several other YouTube shows that are even better than what's on the outdoor channel. Kind of made me wonder how the outdoor channel is going to survive this transition of cable providers going online because it's not getting included in the online packages. Thoughts?

I have it. You can watch almost all of the shows on CarbonTV for free.

Comment

I have it.It's on 50%of the time,and the Outside channel the other 50%.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have either the Sportsmans Channel or Outdoor Channel on from the time I get home till I go to bed unless I'm a really nice Dad and let the kiddos watch the living room TV. They have their own I'm not a tyrant.

Comment

We have the outdoor channel and the sportsman channel and I watch them all the time.

I don't think you tube will replace TV anytime soon. People like me like to turn on the tv and and not have to worry about searching or buffering (we have country internet.)

Comment

I used to have Pursuit, Outdoor, and Sportsman channels, but I cut out a lot of channels that we never watched to trim the monthly bill and Sportsman channel was an unintended consequence. I really haven't missed it, as I watch very little hunting on tv any more. It's all so cookie cutter to me and if you've seen one...........

I get my fix from Midwest Whitetail and Growing Deer each week by email. No commercials, and best of all, no " laid the smackdown on him " or " smoked him ".

Comment

Outdoor Channel,Sportsman Channel, Pursuit Channel are what is watched at our house if myself or my 9yr old are handling the remote

Comment

I wish these channels showed more show content. I rarely watch them anymore because its 60 percent commercials, 30 percent product placement and 10 percent actual hunting/fishing. Youtube shows seem to have way more content to them IMO.

Comment

Me and my 3 sons watch all the time. My wife loves it when the 6 year old tells her to "Hang on, they are fixin' to kill (insert animal)".

Comment

I kind of look at the tivo type recorders, the management of the election (Hilary spent tons on TV, Trump small comparatively) and dissemination of content via social media and youtube as the oncoming death of TV and commercials.

i recommend building a small following via Instagram or youtube, sponsor your favorite outdoor channel celebrity and get some traction that way. Lean start ups.

But I honestly don't really know, I play an expert on the interwebs....

Comment

I have all 3. my wife will walk through and say in a low voice, "shhhhhhhhh, you'll scare the deer. we're waiting for big boy."

Comment

I have them both. But I prefer youtube. Tired of watching Midwest hunting shows all the time. There boring to me.

Comment

I prefer the sportsman channel when I'm at home. When I'm at school like I am now my dorm has fast wifi so I watch south Texas hunting videos. Tv doesn't show to much of texas so I get it on the internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

PETA is getting there way? I don't have it anymore. FIOS took out both the Outdoor and Sportsmans channels out of the lineup. Not available in my area.

Comment

When I had sportmans I only watch meat eater..thats on netflix now..

Comment

Working...
                              X