Andrew Luck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
    I think this could become a trend for other players. They are making generational changing money. No need to play a long time and beat your body up.

Retire early and enjoy life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think he's smart. Best to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouch View Post
      Who makes up your mind for you?
      He did quit didn't he? Nothing inconsistent about those statements. I elaborated on it in the second post you quoted. I wish he was healthy enough to keep playing. It's too bad he was on such a crappy team.
      Last edited by AntlerCollector; 08-26-2019, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Some people love the game and love to compete. Others are just blessed with a gift and do it mainly for the money. I don't blame Luck. He hit the lottery, had some serious injuries, made enough money and called it quits. I like QB's that are a little tougher. Brett Favre comes to mind.

1,000's of high school and college players sacrifice their bodies for free, for the love of the game. It is hard for me to wrap my head around a young man walking away from 20+ million a year....to play a game. But it is his life and he should live it how he wants.

Comment

He has made over 97 million with the colts. If he wants to retire from football and keep what health he has left, good for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
            He has made over 97 million with the colts. If he wants to retire from football and keep what health he has left, good for him.
            If you were the Owner/Gm of the Colts would you call that 97 million spent a bust, or money well spent?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              If you were the Owner/Gm of the Colts would you call that 97 million spent a bust, or money well spent?

Well he handed Luck 24 mil on the way out, so I’m guessing he feels ok with the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                Well he handed Luck 24 mil on the way out, so I’m guessing he feels ok with the deal.

"If you were the Owner"

Comment

That's my take on it as well.

Not sure I would have done the same if it was optional. I dont know enough on the situation to say. They must have a pretty good relationship to fork over that money though.

Comment

Don't get me wrong I was a fan of Luck, but $97 million got him 4 playoff wins

Comment

I don't think anyone should hold anything against Luck, if he can't play then why stay on the team. I guess he could have asked to be put on injured reserve, at least then he would have had at least 8 weeks to think more about it. Maybe he will take a year off and then come back.

Comment

Plenty of money. Let yourself heal up and enjoy a new adventure.

Comment

Don't get me wrong I was a fan of Luck, but $97 million got him 4 playoff wins

It’s not Luck’s fault the owner employs a **** GM.

Comment

"If you were the Owner"

If I was the owner I’d sell the whole shootin match, and you’d have a hard time finding me for several years.

Comment

If I was the owner I’d sell the whole shootin match, and you’d have a hard time finding me for several years.

I could see Dale being dangerous with 3-4 billion dollars.

Comment

Look at it from the other side, the Colts had a Canton bound generational QB, and all they got was a handful of playoff wins.

Luck was a football player. Through and through. Good article on him-

Comment

Working...
                                X