160 acres high fenced opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

160 acres high fenced opinions

I am not against high fencing by any means, but i want to hear peoples "management thoughts" on high fencing 160 acres?

Back story....our neighbor did this and brought about 20 axis in as well. My opinion is 160 acres is not enough to high fence, not enough to prevent eventual inbreeding, and it is like shooting fish in a barrel. Again, just my opinion and i would like to hear others thoughts. Not complaining, cause it is his place, but don't understand.

Popcornnnnn
    Get ya Popcornnnnnnn

Opinions are about to vary and clash

Yes 160 acres is small but it’s his place so good for him.

Comment

It’s your neighbors business so I wouldn’t worry to much about. Maybe he will let you hunt sometime or maybe some will escape on your property.

Comment

I wish I could high fence 160 acres. Man U could grow some big deer that way

Comment

Originally posted by FireNguns View Post
          It’s your neighbors business so I wouldn’t worry to much about. Maybe he will let you hunt sometime or maybe some will escape on your property.
          Funny thing is, we have free ranging axis on our place also. Im not worrying about my neighbor, he is a great guy. I am wanting opinions on what others think of doing that to 160 acres

Comment

I know a guy working on his fence and it’s only 60-65ac.

Comment

He probably had bad neighbors and had to fence them out

Comment

I fealmif he manages it right and doesn’t over stock it.... it’s a great idea for family and friends to enjoy some great hunting and action

Comment

If the guy wants to build a pen it's his business.

Comment

Really going to have to watch the population, or the feed bill is going to be through the roof.

160 would be a bit on the small side, but if there’s enough cover it wouldn’t be bad.

Comment

I manage 165 HF Acres. By no means a hunting operation. 45 acres on North side of road and 120 on the South side. Mainly enjoyment of seeing the exotics. We have 1 buck and 5 doe of each species. Axis, Blackbuck, Fallow, Whitetail, Oryx. Our plan is to dart and sell whatever is needed and shoot 3-4 a year for freezer. I will dart each buck the first couple years and rotate North/South side. Buy other bucks every 2-3 yrs. Not everyone's cup of tea but the owner enjoys the place and I have a great time enjoying my job!

Comment

Better than a beer lease with a bunch of guys killing every 3 year old 10. I think he has a great idea for his family.

Comment

How does it affect you?

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                            Really going to have to watch the population, or the feed bill is going to be through the roof.

160 would be a bit on the small side, but if there’s enough cover it wouldn’t be bad.
                            Thank you so much for your OPINION. That is exactly what i was asking for. I am not interested in the "it's his business so why care" statements cause that was not what i was asking. Good man TactialCowboy

Comment

I work on a small I fence ranch 150 acres. The way it lays out and the cover it has it feels bigger. It only has a whitetail. We heavily manage it and only shoot a a select number of deer. It’s fun to hunt and not as easy as you think to find deer. Mostly native bucks with a few south Texas does. We grow so great deer. I personally don’t like to hunt it. But I sell the hunts and find a lot of people that enjoy this style of hunting.

Comment

Working...
                              X