Workplace pressure and problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workplace pressure and problems!

The dreaded STAAR tests have begun and it is an absolute misery to both students and teachers.

Pressure on students to perform well and pressure on teachers to see how their students perform and not to do anything that could get them fired, loose their teaching certificate or even end up in jail!

Texas is spending $90 million on giving this test and to me this is the biggest waste of money ever for public schools. STAAR tests are pure evil!!!!!!!

To all those administering the test, good luck and good luck to the students.

Rant over.

I hate the stupid test. With all the pressure that is all administration wants teachers doing is preparing kids for the test instead of really teaching them. My wife changed schools last year to get a 2nd grade job because she didn't want to be in a testing grade level. Found out this week that do to re-districting she will be moved back to 4th grade next year.

Comment

I agree with all the above...

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
        I hate the stupid test. With all the pressure that is all administration wants teachers doing is preparing kids for the test instead of really teaching them. My wife changed schools last year to get a 2nd grade job because she didn't want to be in a testing grade level. Found out this week that do to re-districting she will be moved back to 4th grade next year.
        I just said the same thing to my brother yesterday. Teachers don't teach near enough anymore. They simply prepare kids to pass a certain test.

Thank goodness for bureaucracy!

Comment

Who are these tests actually for?

Comment

Yep. My wife teaches 2nd grade too and that’s all I hear about these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhica View Post

Politicians and bureaucrats

Nobody else gives a ****

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

My wife was dreading having to administer the test today.

Comment

One of my daughter's is administering her first ever to her 4th graders. Needless to say she is pretty stressed about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhica View Post
                    Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
                    Politicians and bureaucrats
                    Nobody else gives a ****

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau
                    Yep. 100% to make themselves look good and feel like they're doing their jobs in education. But they have to know inside it's a bunch of BS and actually does way more harm than good.

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                    My wife was dreading having to administer the test today.
                    Mine teaches 1st grade - 21 kids. They have to be quiet today so they don't disrupt other classes in testing. Good luck with that! LOL

Comment

We have them this week also. How can education be quantified without a test? Without a test we have to trust the school administrators.

Comment

It sucks but this is what happens when politicians attemp to fix problems by throwing money at them. I have a niece that teachs 8th grade and is experiencing the same stress... You folks with kids should get your pitch forks and torches ready. The school system needs to be over hauled.

Comment

On the way to school today, my 4th grader asked me if the STAAR test counted towards her grades. When I told her that it does not, she asked why she was taking it. I explained it as best as I could.

Comment

Have several kids not show up for the test and one of them has a note from his parents refusing to take the test. Glad I don’t have to deal with the makeups

Comment

My daughter is taking them right now. The entire school year is spend preparing kids for this test. Not a single life skill is ever taught in school anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X