2018 Astros Off-Season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Annnnnnd....Mccullers undergoes tommy john...

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        Annnnnnd....Mccullers undergoes tommy john...
        Yep. Not good

Comment

Dang. Just saw that too and came here to post. Beat me to it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe add an extra relief arm and shift mchugh to starter.

Comment

Surely nobody is surprised by this. I think his future will be as a star in the bullpen.

Comment

Hate to hear that about LMJ. There’s no telling how long he pitched and needed TJ surgery.

I’d love to have Realmuto but, from what I hear, his asking price is too high. Given that, I’d love to sign Wilson Ramos. That guy can catch and has offense.

I hope they sign MarWin and Morton as long as he’s healthy.

I read an analytical article about Tucker, breaking down his offensive production. The results of the analysis indicated that the guy was uncharacteristically unlucky. I really think he’s going to be very good.

We will need starting pitchers. I think Dallas will turn down his QO. Sad, because this past year he was rated around 20-25th best SP in the league.

Comment

Do y’all think we will sign and/or trade for a starter? Or use internal options?

Comment

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
                    Do y’all think we will sign and/or trade for a starter? Or use internal options?
                    Both. Currently they only have 2 starters back from last year, JV and Cole. McHugh, Peacock, James, Valdez and Perez will all definitely be getting a look in spring training for a starting spot but I cant see Luhnow being satisfied with that group replacing the innings that Keuchel, Morton and LMJ ate up. Another front line starter with multiple years of control is what they need in a trade or just signing one in FA. JV and Cole are both only under contract one more year.

Comment

Fast went to braves

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                          Fast went to braves

Comment

Post 29.. Sigs partner

Comment

Yuli set to take on the role of utility guy if Marwin signs elsewhere.
                              HOUSTON -- With versatile Marwin Gonzalez likely moving to a new club in 2019 via free agency, the Astros will try to look internally to fill his shoes, which means a more flexible role for Yuli Gurriel going forward.Gonzalez was acquired in a trade with the Red Sox after Boston

Comment

Cant really see him in OF...or 2nd.... but hey..like ive always said..if any old cuban can pull it off..its yuli..

Comment

Working...
                                X