Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deer Processing in Camp Changes to TPWD Law?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I can say is...WOW!

Comment

Originally posted by meat>horns View Post
      How do yall do proof of sex? Do yall ever leave the huavos on the hind quarters?
      deer huevos don't mean anything in Texas. Buck or antlerless. A doe with antlers is a buck, and deer with huevos and no antlers is antlerless.

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
        Edit. Never mind. Saw post above.

Made me think of a question. Let’s say we shoot a bunch of deer and donate the meat. The tags go with the meat but the head and antlers stay at the ranch. Since the meat was given away and presumably the tags are supposed to go with the meat, what happens if a GW comes into camp and there are heads without tags. There is a log book that documents each deer and corresponding tag number. Is that correct?
        Man that's getting a little tricky there.. The tag definitely remains with the carcass so I would think the log book would be sufficient but I would also include a wildlife resource document for each deer with the hunters info.
        I'm going to ask this question..

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
          Man that's getting a little tricky there.. The tag definitely remains with the carcass so I would think the log book would be sufficient but I would also include a wildlife resource document for each deer with the hunters info.
          I'm going to ask this question..
          we give hunters that are leaving with their deer heads a WRD.

and I also recommend that they take a picture of the tag (for us it's an MLD tag, signed by the landowner) which remains with the carcass.

Comment

We are MLD too. I will make sure we use the WRD and take a pic. Good idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X