Idaho????? Know it? Hunt it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idaho????? Know it? Hunt it?

Hey guys, just came back from a week in Idaho for a client. Anyone from the greenscreen hunt up there? The Eastern area looked very remote and not a ton of people? Just curious anyone thoughts on it?

I’ve spent a good bit of time in the Bitterroot up there. Spent about 4 weeks “hunting” it, but my idea of hunting is strapping my fly rod to my pack and chasing trout all day. I’ve seen lots of elk, Black Bear, grouse, and occasional deer. Even seen a few big horn, and one massive ram. Some reason my rifle always gets left at camp though.

Comment

YOu need to remedy that "left rifle at camp" illness. jk Well I think I'll look into the out of state hunting up there.

Comment

I’d PM this guy!

Comment

Originally posted by HdFilmmaker View Post
          YOu need to remedy that "left rifle at camp" illness. jk Well I think I'll look into the out of state hunting up there.
          Unit 17 I believe is where I go. All tags except Bighorn are available OTC there. Gorgeous country out that way, and plenty of animals.

Comment

What is it they say? "Wasn't born here, but got here as soon as I could".

Live here in Eastern Idaho (Idaho Falls) and have to say I love it for all the hunting, fishing, camping, and off-roading there is to do on public lands. What is it you are really looking for? Be glad to answer any questions or provide info.

Reasonably good elk, mule and whitetail deer, bear, lion, antelope, and. even wolf hunting right here within 30 minutes of the house.

Comment

Went for the first time this year for archery elk. I loved it ! Didn’t see any elk but the country up there is beautiful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm looking into hunting up there in a year or 2
                Idaho Fish and Game, whose mission is to preserve, protect, perpetuate, and manage all wildlife in Idaho.

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                  Thank you...

Comment

Originally posted by Blank View Post
                    What is it they say? "Wasn't born here, but got here as soon as I could".

Live here in Eastern Idaho (Idaho Falls) and have to say I love it for all the hunting, fishing, camping, and off-roading there is to do on public lands. What is it you are really looking for? Be glad to answer any questions or provide info.

Reasonably good elk, mule and whitetail deer, bear, lion, antelope, and. even wolf hunting right here within 30 minutes of the house.
                    How much pressure are on the animals up there? Being public land is it covered up in hunters?

Comment

My brother & his wife own The Deer Cliff Inn just outside of Preston up Cub River Canyon in Southeast Idaho. Growing up we spent every summer up there. Awesome country! I make a trip every spring to turkey hunt.

Comment

I’ve hunted Idaho a bunch. Great OTC state, with best draw odds out there

Comment

Originally posted by HdFilmmaker View Post
                          How much pressure are on the animals up there? Being public land is it covered up in hunters?
                          Idaho gets a lot of OTC pressure, not as much as CO, but you will find more people deeper in Idaho. If I was retired and had more time to waste on a one way 24hr road trip, I’d hunt Idaho a lot more.

Only bad thing is packers are little more difficult due to outfitter territories and motorcycles on NF.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post

Idaho gets a lot of OTC pressure, not as much as CO, but you will find more people deeper in Idaho. If I was retired and had more time to waste on a one way 24hr road trip, I’d hunt Idaho a lot more.

Only bad thing is packers are little more difficult due to outfitter territories and motorcycles on NF.
                            Thank you for the information. It's great to know it is a great opportunity to hunt.

Comment

I made a connection in Idaho on ArcheryTalk awhile back and discussed a Trade Hunt with a fella. He sent all kinds of cool pics of deer, elk, bear, and many other critters. Seems like a target rich and beautiful area. May still plan an elk hunt there someday. That’s what the trade was gonna be for anyway for a hunt in Kansas on our place. Good luck

Comment

Working...
                              X