Wildebeest Inlay Leather Bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wildebeest Inlay Leather Bags

Been working on a project for a while now, longer than I would have thought it should take anyways, but I finally got these two hand tooled and stitched leather bags with wildebeest hide inlays finished up.

Where I was starting....

Tooling on the front panel done and stained with antique...

Back panel finished up...

Shot of the front with the hide inlaid...

Completed bags with the liner stitched in. I used a medium weight burgundy cordura for the liner....

Completed backs...

The side panels wrap around underneath the bags and are fully tooled as well. Took a while, but pretty pleased with how they turned out for my first bags. Learned a few things that I might do different next time....

That's very cool. It's to bad you can't inlay a piece of granite into Africa because that looks cool, too.

Comment

Man that's some nice work

Comment

Very nice!!!

I have to admit though. I couldn't figure out how that color patter was a wildebeest until I realized it was the counter top!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome work Dave, will have to hit you up we just booked a safari for later this year. Will have to get some stuff done with the hides.

Comment

I can do that. What you going after?

Comment

All that my pocket book will allow.

Right now kudu, impala, blesbok, gemsbok, warthog and black wildebeest are on the menu

Comment

Very nice work!

Comment

Great work

Comment

Pretty dang sweet !!! I can understand why that would take a little while to complete.

Comment

Working...
                    X