Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The only army that exicutes its wounded......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Hard to argue with that logic. Not directed at the OP of course but that is sound advice.
    From what I understand it's made clear upfront that if you **** off allah you get your head cut off.

If buddhist gets mad then they aren't a peace loving Buddhist.

Christianity is based on love and forgiveness. It also has clear guidelines on judging. So when you sign up it's a bit rough when you get kicked around by the same dudes.

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
      From what I understand it's made clear upfront that if you **** off allah you get your head cut off.

Christianity is based on love and forgiveness. It also has clear guidelines on judging. So when you sign up it's a bit rough when you get kicked around by the same dudes.

Sure but the signee has to do his part as well....

Sounds like the Muslim army executes their wounded without questioning

Comment

lol
        thread fail

Comment

Why does the harshest judgement come from the ones that aren't supposed to judge at all?

Answer that question and you have done something.

Not knowing the exact situation, I'm not sure I can zero in on an acceptable answer.
          However, oftentimes, whether others are 'judgmental' or using 'tough love' is primarily from the perspective of the recipient. Some folks go to others wanting validation, support, and warm fuzzies but they receive somewhat of a rebuke. That rebuke can be completely righteous and biblical but it wasn't necessarily what was desired or anticipated, so it seems judgmental.
          The thought that Christians are not supposed to 'judge' others has been completely twisted and contorted by those who espouse 'acceptance'. We are not to 'condemn' one another, but we are to call one another out about transgressions and help one another turn around (repent).

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
            Not knowing the exact situation, I'm not sure I can zero in on an acceptable answer.
            However, oftentimes, whether others are 'judgmental' or using 'tough love' is primarily from the perspective of the recipient. Some folks go to others wanting validation, support, and warm fuzzies but they receive somewhat of a rebuke. That rebuke can be completely righteous and biblical but it wasn't necessarily what was desired or anticipated, so it seems judgmental.
            The thought that Christians are not supposed to 'judge' others has been completely twisted and contorted by those who espouse 'acceptance'. We are not to 'condemn' one another, but we are to call one another out about transgressions and help one another turn around (repent).
            More specifically Matthew 18:15-17 gives us a blueprint specifically for confronting a brother in sin.

Matthew 18:15-20

Restoring a Brother
            “If your brother sins against you, go and rebuke him in private. If he listens to you, you have won your brother. But if he won’t listen, take one or two more with you, so that by the testimony of two or three witnesses every fact may be established. If he pays no attention to them, tell the church. But if he doesn’t pay attention even to the church, let him be like an unbeliever and a tax collector to you. I assure you: Whatever you bind on earth is already bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth is already loosed in heaven. Again, I assure you: If two of you on earth agree about any matter that you pray for, it will be done for you by My Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there among them.”

It is a delicate subject, but not un-biblical to confront a brother.

There is no way that any of us can provide an answer here because we do not know the specifics of the situation nor were we a party to the conversation with your friend.

So I’m going to leave you with 2 questions that only you and God can answer

1) are you and your relationships functioning in a Christlike manner?
            2) were the statements of your friend true?

If you have to answer that last one with a “yeah but” then the answer is they are true. When you add yeah but you are justifying why you behaved in a certain way.

Comment

I struggle with the same question you have, so I’m no help on this. Only thing I can tell you to do is surround your life with happy uplifting people and the hell with the negative ones.

Comment

froghunter, if they are passing judgement and condemning you then beware. If its GODly correction then follow their instruction.

Without knowing exactly what was said, I can only help you so much.

Comment

I also walked out of there the worst dad, husband, person and Christian in the world.
                  Man, I read this thread yesterday when you first posted, came back to it and reread it plus the various comments/posts and your responses to them... For the life of me, I cannot put a finger on what you are trying to get at or say, or even what you're looking for.

I quoted the above post because as best as I can tell, you KNOW what is wrong, and what is wrong has to do with YOU... maybe I have it all wrong, but here's what I "read" into what you have posted so far...

Whatever the underlying issues are, it is your belief that you have sinned against your child(ren), your wife, your friends and your GOD... specifically because of what you posted in the post that I quoted above...

It is also apparent, that either the same "friend" or another one you have confided in has either rebuked you justifiably or has slammed you unjustly... That cannot be known from what you have posted to this point. The rest however is absolutely addressable and it would seem to me is where the beginnings of your peace lies.

First of off, if indeed you feel like you are the worst dad in the world, You are the only one that can fix that. If you know that you are a bad dad, begin right now to fix that by asking in fervent prayer for forgiveness and wisdom on how to restore your relationship with your child(ren).

Second, if you are according to your own words, the worst husband, that too can be fixed. God's own Word tells a husband to love your wife as Christ loved the church. She is to be put above all other people from your perspective. Of course she is to be put above yourself. Only God is to be honored and loved above your wife. When you took your Christian vows, you vowed to love her until death you part. Begin to do that RIGHT NOW. It is probably not going to be received well at first by your own posted words, but that does not matter. What you are to do is love her. That was your vow/promise to God in the presence of men. Do it...

In the post above you call yourself the worst person... that means to me that you failed your friends... IF in fact that is true, it would appear to me that the feedback you are getting from friends (if they are the same friends), is likely justified. Listen to them. If they speak the truth, then put off your human pride and humble yourself to them and ask for their forgiveness. It is the old "love your neighbor as yourself" rule...

Lastly, you have said you are the worst Christian... It is not good to grieve the Holy Spirit. This, if you are a Christian, will bring you no peace. You MUST fall on your knees and humble yourself to God and ask for His forgiveness... then LISTEN for Him to respond. I promise you He will respond. The wonderful thing about our God is if we KNOW His Son Jesus Christ as Savior, when we ask Him for anything we NEED, he WILL give it to us. You may or may not be forgiven by the others, your child(ren), your wife, or your friend(s), but you WILL be forgiven by God, and you can find peace if you do His will.

I will pray for you sir. I do not mean my words to be harmful. I have written them in love, but I am somewhat shooting in the dark on the details.

The only other thing I can think of to add is that I firmly believe that the more specific we can make our prayers within God's will, the more specific He can answer them and the clearer He can show Himself to you. I'd be honored to pray for you for any specifics you may want to share (here or via PM) if you like.

God Bless you sir, and above all else, lean on God and His Word for truth and sustenance.

Comment

Working...
                  X