Rut-ro!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rut-ro!

Electric windmill towers have been on line less than a year. Wonder what this is going to cost to repair?
    Attached Files

Don’t get me started on those things.
    Eyesores of North central Texas

Comment

What happened?

Comment

I hope they all break. Probably a dead eagle under it

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
          What happened?
          No clue. Within two miles of my house. Just drove up and took a pic.

Comment

It will cost a lot. They will most likely have to drop the rotor to put on the new blade. I also wouldn't be surprised if the generator and gearbox have to be replaced.

Comment

Anyone know how people make money off those things? I just want to know how much they would lose without our tax money going towards them.

Comment

A ton to fix. It likely won't be repaired anytime in the near future.

Comment

No clue. The rest of the blade is about 20 to 40 yards north of it. Hope it didn't take some livestock out.

Comment

“Something” obviously hit the fan

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                      A ton to fix. It likely won't be repaired anytime in the near future.
                      Probably sooner than you think. Alot of wind farms have extra blades on site. They’ll have to get a crane out to drop the hub and reinstall. Won’t be cheap for the crane mob and labor.

Comment

I’ve operated man lifts for when erecting metal buildings, trimming trees, as well as for painting tall exterior surfaces. But the size of the man lifts necessary for working on those wind turbines is unreal. I bet it feels kind of dicey at times when the wind gets to shaking the lift around. Gotta pray the engine, hydraulics, or electronics don’t quit while you’re way up there working.

Comment

I got a letter last week from a company wanting to put these on my place, God I hope none of my neighbors go for it!

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                            Anyone know how people make money off those things? I just want to know how much they would lose without our tax money going towards them.
                            All of it.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                              I got a letter last week from a company wanting to put these on my place, God I hope none of my neighbors go for it!
                              I feel the same way. I wouldn’t want them, but if I had to look at the ones on my neighbors, I’d be wanting some $$.

Comment

Working...
                              X