My New Halon 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
    That's an Axcel. Shawn shoots a slider like I do. I shoot the MBG Ambush Ascend. Both work the same way.

Deciding what to replace the Apex Covert on my Halon. Will definitely be a slider but which one?? SH Father? MBG? Axcel? React One Pro? Crisis of indecision!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Loneaggie View Post
      Deciding what to replace the Apex Covert on my Halon. Will definitely be a slider but which one?? SH Father? MBG? Axcel? React One Pro? Crisis of indecision!!!

Lol. I like the MBG because the dial doesn't interfere with a quiver and the tape faces me not to the side. Sword and Surelock make good ones also.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
        That's an Axcel. Shawn shoots a slider like I do. I shoot the MBG Ambush Ascend. Both work the same way.

Correct. I had the mbg and it's great just want an 1.5 house bs 1.75.

The trophy ridge isn't as good and it's bulky.

I'd stick with the mbg, spott hog or the accutouch

Comment

I like the over engineering of the SH Hogg Father. Dovetails is ideal so I can remove when needed etc.

Comment

Kyle is an excellent tech

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
              I spent an hour at WHA setting mine up . . . . hope to hunt right after xmas with my brother in law.

only shot enough to get a bullet hole and the peep and kisser set.

Woke up saturday morning to shoot it in.

First three shots at center low 5" and left 2" all three arrows touching
              Second three shots 2" low and left 2" all three arrows touching
              Third three shots left 2" all touching
              Fourth slight adjustment to center of the ring

Went back to start shooting for practice and first arrow I hear a pop. Once I compose myself I start looking for the arrow to make sure there isn't someone dead i find it a few yards directly to my right with a busted nock. Either I didn't clip the arrow on fully or the nock fell apart (which is more likely)

So my first halon, which was shooting lights out died in 30 minutes of it's first shooting session!
              Dang that sucks...

Comment

That new camo is awesome!! Nice bow man!

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post

Bows a tack driver. My favorite bow since the z7. Excellent speed without destroying the draw cycle.

No damage to the bow the string burst I'm sure that saved the cams. No warranty it was my fault so I paid for the new strings. I've a few hundred arrows through it since then.

what grip is that?

Comment

Originally posted by progolferv1 View Post
                    what grip is that?
                    custom from the mathews shop. when i started shooting mathews the thing I hated was the big bulky wood grip.

now a half dozen bows later i've found the only thing is hate more is the focus grip. This years grip is flat which i liked better but while i change bows yearly there are certain things I don't like changing and that what i feel in my hand, my release and my site.

I changed my site last year and I've been very tempted to go back to the sword centurion that I shot for 6 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Loneaggie View Post
                      No will have to do that next trip. Was in a bit of a hurry when I picked it up. Need to chrono with a few different arrows and get a true draw weight and draw length on it.
                      Mine is 28.5 70# (although the scale said 75 when Glenn at WHA tested it out) pushing a 435 gr. 298 fps.

Comment

I've had a Reflex Rampage for a year, but hauling that back and holding that out was just to much to be honest. Went to Fisherman's Warehouse in Central Ohio and shot the HTX and the Halon 6. I came with the full intent on buying the HTX.

Comment

Gents, how is the draw cycle compared to an HTR?

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
                            Gents, how is the draw cycle compared to an HTR?
                            Little more hump little harder stop into the wall but much smoother then I thought with a dual cam. What I think makes this different it's not as fast as others but maintains the smooth draw cycle.

that said back into the wall and it's locked, I have a real hard time finding the sweet spot on let down it goes from nothing to yanking on it pretty quick.

Comment

Those are some sweet looking rigs! I was tempted to shoot one, but I'm still fond of my HTR that's less than a year old. Maybe next year!
                              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Finally got mine. Had to wait for a left handed to come in. Love it. Upgraded from a Mission Ballistic. Was going to upload a pic, but it wants a URL. New to site, trying to figure it all out.

Comment

Working...
                                X