Engagement question. Ring or no ring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engagement question. Ring or no ring?

I'm going to drop the question sometime around Christmas and I'm trying to decide if I should get her an engagement ring or not.

This will be second marriages for both of us and her last ring was just a wedding band.

Anyone else here not give her an engagement ring and if not, what did you give her?

I'm pretty sure its the industry standard is to get her a ring. You should start putting those fellers out now if she wants it or not. My wife and I kinda just decided to get married. We never messed with an engagement ring, we were broke azz kids,lol. We have now been married for almost 15 years and still going strong. Good luck sir.

Comment

I went with one wedding/engagement ring the second time around.

Comment

Ring.....just 3 weeks salary instead of 3 months though!

Comment

Id rather have a ring and her decide she only wants one, than to ask, and not have one at all.

Comment

Im probably weird - but I aint popping the question without a ring to go with it.

Comment

Ring.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                I'm going to drop the question sometime around Christmas and I'm trying to decide if I should get her an engagement ring or not.

This will be second marriages for both of us and her last ring was just a wedding band.

Anyone else here not give her an engagement ring and if not, what did you give her?

Don't get her one and I bet you will for sure get one for your third marriage.

Comment

If you know what’s good for you..

Comment

Well if I were to do it all over again, I'd say no ring and take me on a awesome hunting trip! But that's just me. You should probably get her a ring...

Comment

I asked and didn't have a ring. She was getting me, why would she need a ring?

Honestly I didn't have a ring, because I wanted the perfect ring for her and I wanted her to pick it out. She chose much bigger and more expensive than I would have picked.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
                        I asked and didn't have a ring. She was getting me, why would she need a ring?

Honestly I didn't have a ring, because I wanted the perfect ring for her and I wanted her to pick it out. She chose much bigger and more expensive than I would have picked.
                        Shoulda known this was going to happen lol

I went with 2 rings... But I know lots who only did one... All depends on the girl...

I'll be honest if your that far in relationship she knows it's coming. Just ASK what she prefs... Your still going to be able to surprise her if your any kind of sneaky

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
                          . She chose much bigger and more expensive than I would have picked.
                          Of course she did.

I wouldn't go in w/o a ring of some sort. Most women are crazy like that.

Comment

Get her a ring that you think would/should please her. If it doesn't, take it back and run.

Comment

I haven't been in that situation, but I would think an engagement ring would be appropriate even for a second marriage. That is unless you guys have agreed on something else based on prior marriages. I don't know a woman alive who doesn't like diamond and gold who wouldn't want an engagement ring.

Comment

Working...
                              X