No announcement yet.

2012 NM Elk or Bust - Live Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the call from BIL "BULL DOWN" my blood is pumping also like everyone else stated. All the time has payed off for you cuz, time to get the bottle out and have a few drinks. O yea James HAPPY BIRTHDAY, make sure you do the work and let little brother relax!!

Comment

Cornbreading Awesome!!! Huge Congrats!!

Comment

Well done brother! Congrats on the velvet elk .

Comment

congrats!!!

Comment

Ok guys gota hit the hay was out in this Texas heat this afternoon shooting doves and eyes are getting heavy. Will check in first thing in the morning for all the celebration details. NICE velvet elk. Good luck to the other two hunters!

Comment

Nice work. Congratulations on the bull!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Looking forward to the story. Awesome!!

Comment

Congrats. Thats awesome.

Comment

Looking forward to hearing the story! James and Paul it's y'alls turn now. Talk to y'all tomorrow.

Comment

Awesome!!

Comment

Long night. We are back on the mountain trying to get the guys a bull.

Here's the story.

I sat the water hole with no luck. As I was leaving I saw a giant 6x6 across the canyon. He kind of saw ne but mozied off. I was gonna meet the boys at the cart and I came to a big open pasture surrounded by timber.

As I stepped around into the opening I froze when I saw this bull rubbing his antlers on a small tree about 200 yds.
                          I dropped to my knees before he saw me and bellied crawled to cover. He hadn't seen me!

I unloaded my pack and nicked an arrow. I started cow calling and he looked up instantly. Then he started walking right towards me. I was behind a big cedar and could see him the whole way. I was hoping he would not go left cause them I would have not shot (too thick). He kept coming and festered with left or right the whole way.

He finally veered right and I started ranging bushes. 37yds was the closest shrub. He veered way right and I had to wait for him to clear a big limb in my way. As he cleared it I ranged him....49 yds broadside and he was still moving. I drew back and whistled. He stopped and I settled my 50yd pin behind his shoulder. THWACK!

It hit him square in the shoulder. My arose broke into and initially it didn't look like it got much penetration. He bolted and did a 180 and ran back where he came from. I ran out to see where he went and watched him suddenly get wobbly after running 100yds. Then he stopped and tipped over! All within sight!

After I settled down and gave him a few minutes to expire I walked up to him.
                          Still had velvet. He's actually a 5x5. He had a small point that made him a five.

That arrow hit him hard right in the middle of the shoulder. As it turns out it went all the way in and punched a small hole in the offside shoulder. I was using a Gator XP (original rocky mountain sniper) broadhead. I was gonna use ramcats but I had issues with them in my quiver.

I played a trick on Paul and James and didn't tell them until we headed back on the road towards my bull. I posted on here before they knew...lol.

Thanks for all the congrats and good thoughts. TBH is such a great community.

Now I'm gonna work to get the other guys bulls. More live action so stay tuned!...lol.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1346935892818.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	24113326

Tapachat

Comment

I have better pics but these will have to do for now.

Tapachat
                            Attached Files

Comment

that's awesome!!!

Comment

Congrats!! Elk steaks for everyone!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X