No announcement yet.

Ford 6.0 poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

05 with 25,000 miles and no problems YET.

Comment

I won a Lemon Law Suit on my 6.0 04 F-250. I had 7 EGR valve replacements, 4 Turbos, a new engine and several other problems. I would get a new one each year until 04 and have yet to buy another new Ford. I went to an Excursion with a 7.3 again. Best engine ever made.

Comment

I personally do not have any experience with the 6.0, but my 2001 7.3 has 255,000 and still kicking... Gonna run her until she lays down...

Comment

traded in my 06 F350 that had 130,000 miles---it started missing sometimes when pulled up to stop and could take back off would run great; also I started having to add anti freeze not a drop on the ground---figure it was a head gasket starting to go---also never got over 13 MPG
          now driving a Chev 3500 duramax---love the engine and allision transmission; just got in from Houston avrg. about 15.5 MPG driving 78mph---but hate the truck it has no cab room like that Ford

Comment

I had a late 03 6 liter. Started acting squirrley at about 75K, 3 injectors bit the dirt. Got a buddy with one that is a few months older (he still has his) with about 140K, he's only running on about 4 cylinders when he cranks it up in the morning.

If I could find a 7.3 Excursion 4x4 with less than 100K for a reasonable price, I'd buy it tomorrow.

Comment

Its tough to find a good 7.3. Most have a ton of miles. Then gotta worry bout transmission. Then the 6.0s gotta worry bout headgaskets, egr, etc. Almost like pick ur evil

Comment

07' 6.0 75000 miles with no problems.

Comment

I mentioned my horror 6.0 above. Nothing like seeing a brand new 50,000 dollar truck with the cab off wondering if they will put all the bolts, screws,etc.. back in or have left overs...

My FIL has a 2000 7.3 with over 250,000 miles on it, no problems gets like 20 mpg to my 13... A good friend has a 7.3 with over 550,000 miles on it and has only changed a water pump and batteries. I wish I would have got the 7.3 in 2003 when I got my 6.0 With less than 80,000 now, I should think it has a lot of life left by dont trust it. Everytime I got to DelRio I wonder if its going to blow....

Comment

06 6.0 with 98k and no issues. It has been running really rough when cold lately though.

Comment

I have an 04 F350 KR. Love the interior. 128 K and solid so far. I keep the suds blown out and oil changes every 5k. Motorcraft on all filters. Really nice ride on the highway. Will be doing EGR delete, exhaust & SCT x3 tuner soon. Studs next year.

Comment

What yr did they change to the 6.0?

Comment

Do any of u guys know about the 5.4 gas I am looking at a 2006 Fx4 125k for 12,900 does it have any pulling power will be hauling cattle.......

Comment

I had an 06 6.0 with no problems at all. My uncle has an 04 and has nothing but problems. Im in the market for one right now myself, but wont even look at 03-04.5!! I think they started making the 6.0 on 03' if im not mistaken. Although you can buy on 03' with the 7.3 or the 6.0.

Comment

Trooper I may be in exact same boat as u if I buy this truck. Who is gonna do ur egr delete and studs. I'm in beaumont. I hear dejeans is good but really high dollar. I'm sure they do a great job though

Comment

I bought my first in `87 I put over 500K on that 6.9 truck and the only work done on the engine was the water pump at 200K. Sold it to a friend and he has put over 100K and it's still on the street.

Bought a new `05 6.0 to replace it and so far not a single issue... fingers crossed, knock on wood...

Comment

Working...
                                X