Best BBQ Bryan/CS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sleepymedic1 View Post
    There is one in Bryan. Really expensive and just kinda average.
    Based on the review we got I am sure it's probably the best in the area. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      Based on the review we got I am sure it's probably the best in the area. Lol.
      Right? Sounds like B/CS needs a BBQ upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by sleepymedic1 View Post
        Fargos vote here. Blue Moon on osr in B-5 is best around.
        Boom! Blue moon, the rest of them are just changing the color of the meat.

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
          Ended up at J. Cody.

Brisket was good but nothing special. Good though.

Sausage was store bought quality. Like an Eckrich.

Ribs were inedible, tried a bite or two from each one and left them on the plate. To say they were tough as a boot would be unfair to boots. Dry too...just bad.

Pinto Beans were good.

I didn't eat any bread but my coworker said the Jalapeno Cornbread was not great.

Tea was good, I went back for seconds.

All in all, if I were to go back it would be for a brisket sandwich and a glass of tea.

Next time I am in town I will try one of the other suggestions.
          The only thing I like at J.Cody’s is their Ribeye steak.
          Kreutz has a dang good prime rib on Friday’s other than that Fargo’s or Blue Moon is where it’s at but Blue Moon is about a 20-30 minute drive from Bryan.

Comment

1. J Cody's
            2. C&J (but make sure you order "lean" brisket; otherwise they'll serve you the fat)
            3. Martin's
            4. Never been to Fargo's, Kreuz or Blue Moon

Rudy's, nah, too expensive

Comment

1. Drive to Brenham
              2. Truth BBQ

Comment

Originally posted by Olphart View Post
                1. J Cody's
                2. C&J (but make sure you order "lean" brisket; otherwise they'll serve you the fat)
                3. Martin's
                4. Never been to Fargo's, Kreuz or Blue Moon

Rudy's, nah, too expensive
                You're wrong sir about #2... C&Js trims their briskets before cooking so getting just fat isn't even remotely possible.
                Last edited by hoytassassin; 03-10-2018, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Next time go to C&Js... family owned and operated, great customer service, fantastic food, plus they have 3 locations in B/CS(for a reason).

For those that said go to J Cody's for their sides LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by wal1809 View Post
                    Boom! Blue moon, the rest of them are just changing the color of the meat.
                    Blue moon doesn’t have any running water... let that sink in

Comment

Originally posted by hoytassassin View Post
                      You're wrong sir about #2... C&Js trims their briskets before cooking so getting just fat isn't even remotely possible.
                      Haven't been on the site for a couple of days to reply before now, but....you are wrong.

The last, repeat, last bbq brisket sandwich I bought to go was much more fat and bark than meat. If I had been eating in the store (Bryan), I'd have tried to call Chip or Jo Ann (owners).

If you like it better, fine. I obviously don't and this isn't the first problem with their food (which I liked the best before getting garbage served to me.)

Comment

My two recommendations would be- Fargos first for being good across the board. DBQ at the new northgate food truck park for an excellent brisket sandwich at a great price. Havent tried his other stuff but its supposed to be good.

Lots of other good food there too.

Comment

Working...
                        X