Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rages.... just say'n............

Comment

If your bow is in spec. I can have you shooting great in about 30 mins or less on phone. If your bow is out of spec. you must fix.

Comment

Originally posted by ar3731guy View Post
        even if you switch to mechanical bh, your arrow is not flying perfectly straight and is basically wasting energy. yes they may hit where you are aiming, but the arrow isnt hitting square to the impact. no sense in masking a problem with mech bh.
        Exactly............

Originally posted by whakm View Post
        rages.... just say'n............
        Bad advice. Not because they are mechanicals, but because his bow is not tuned. Get it tuned first, then choose your broadhead.

Originally posted by enewman View Post
        If your bow is in spec. I can have you shooting great in about 30 mins or less on phone. If your bow is out of spec. you must fix.
        This...........all day long. Walkback tune with FP and once that is good out to whatever distance you are comfortable with, screw in whatever BH you choose and it should be very close. Only very minor adjustments needed at that point. But first, get the bow in spec.

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
          You have an arrow spine issue.

What arrow do you shoot and what is the length of the arrow?
          what yardage is this valid for?

Comment

Originally posted by Japeatr View Post
            what yardage is this valid for?

Should be evident at 20. If you're getting good grouping at 20, then not at further distance I think that problem lends itself to a tuning issue, not a spine issue.

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
              Not at all I tune my arrow to my bow but the bow has to be in spec first. or you will chase your tail.

sorry I missed your second post.

Again horrible charts. Really bad for new shooters

I see what you're saying there. I was assuming that you have a bow that is correctly tuned. If the bow is out tuning the arrow to the bow seems like it's just masking the true problem.

Comment

well... Strings let go on me... Not sure if I'm gonna fix it or trash it. man my hand hurts

Comment

Gonna take it tomorrow to a new shop in halletsville. See what he can do for me new strings and cables and getting it set up some what decently right

Comment

ok so your bow is shooting good groups with field points?

Then you went and added wings to the front of your arrows and they are not hitting in the same spot?

You have to adjust for the broad heads!

Disclaimer: this applies if your bow is tuned right and you can shoot it consistently

Comment

Originally posted by ShaftEm View Post
                      well... Strings let go on me... Not sure if I'm gonna fix it or trash it. man my hand hurts
                      What do you mean your strings "let go"?

Comment

loop that anchors string on to my top cam broke/snapped/tore. What ever you want to call it while I had it at full draw. And I'm getting the sense that it's believed that I'm some rookie to shooting a bow, granted I'm no veteran or pro but I can hit 2-3 inch groups at 35 yards and I'm not completely ignorant when it comes to archery. Though again, This is the first time Im shooting broad heads and there Is where my knowledge ends. The skill is there enough, the tech know how, perhaps not so much

Comment

Yes I wax my strings and cables regularly, and the string and cables are only 14-15 months old. I don't believe neglect was the cause of my string breaking

Comment

Originally posted by ShaftEm View Post
                            Yes I wax my strings and cables regularly, and the string and cables are only 14-15 months old. I don't believe neglect was the cause of my string breaking

There's a ton of reasons strings can break. Where exactly did they break? That's why when you realize there's a tuning issue you've got to shut it down and get things looked at before you shoot another arrow.

Comment

What kind of bow? How old were the strings? And were they factory strings?

Comment

Originally posted by cmh2007 View Post
                                What kind of bow? How old were the strings? And were they factory strings?
                                Bow type is in the original posts. String age is two posts above yours. Not factory strings.

Comment

Working...
                                X