No announcement yet.

Rage or Ramcat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like ramcat but they don't work with my set up so rage for me.

Comment

Tried the slicktrick. Not much blood trail. Also went up in price I see.

Comment

Plan is to try both this year and see one on a buck (hopefully) one on a doe. Thinking this thread will pick what one for doe what one for buck. Take the decision to the green screen

Comment

I highly doubt it matters.

Comment

Firm believer, you set up a rage properly and they are very devastating. For each there own, hope you get a chance at a buck!

Comment

After bouncing between broad heads every season I've settled on Ramcats for the last two years, and have no thoughts on changing that. Most consistently good blood trails I've had on animals, and they shoot great!

Comment

Absolutely a wash between them on deer. I've had great luck with hypos even though my go to is a reaper. Ramcats are pretty sweet too

Comment

I am a fixed blade fan my self, but we shot the ram cats for a year. None of us liked them. Blades bending, braking. They kind of "flop"around.Not saying they didnt work we killed with them,and we lost several deer and javelina with them. Below average rating I would give them. Had way better luck with slick tricks, and many number of other heads. But last year a bunch of us tried the rage hypo's and they flat slayed the javelina and pigs. None went more the 40 yards, and that one was a 250lb pig. All others were down in sight. I have not tried them on mule deer or elk as of yet. But they impessed all of us.

Comment

All good,but I'd shoot Rage.

Comment

After all the "it happened to me stories" about Rage I would not consider them at all. My brother shoots the Ramcat and has had some really good experiences with them. I like the Slick Trick myself.

Comment

heard ramcats fly good, have kilt lots of critters with rage, use chisel point or hypodermic to avoid deflection on severe quartering animals, had 1 deflect 1 time. & once was enough.

Comment

Am going to use Ramcats this year, got some and they fly so well, will not know how well they perform til tomorrow hopefully.

Comment

Rage or Ramcat?

Rage. The new design with the plastic retaining ring has made it so they do not open up when walking thru brush. I use both the Hypodermic's and Extremes. They have both harvested plenty of animals with
                            No problems. Most fall within sight. this is the axis buck I shot back at the end of June. Shot was thru both shoulders. Went about 40 yards and was done. It's all about shot placement and practice. Now the extreme blades where bent when the broad head exited, but i don't care that I can't use them but one shot. It did it's job. Replace the blades and move on.

Comment

Wanderin39 take some pictures and let us know. Hoping some guys can kill some hogs and send pictures of results. Would be great

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                                I am a fixed blade fan my self, but we shot the ram cats for a year. None of us liked them. Blades bending, braking. They kind of "flop"around.Not saying they didnt work we killed with them,and we lost several deer and javelina with them. Below average rating I would give them. Had way better luck with slick tricks, and many number of other heads. But last year a bunch of us tried the rage hypo's and they flat slayed the javelina and pigs. None went more the 40 yards, and that one was a 250lb pig. All others were down in sight. I have not tried them on mule deer or elk as of yet. But they impessed all of us.
                                Shot placement is key. What does it matter if the blades bend? Replace them and get to killing again. Way to many lost animals and bent blades andwhat ever blamed on broadheads when it is probably shot placement in 99.99% of the time. If you want proof of what a Ramcat can do as far as damage, I can give you plenty of proof in pics. Need I say more as to what head I will be using and have for a long time?
                                By the way, my success with Ramcats over Slick Tricks is proveable with kills in RSA!
                                AGAIN IT IS SHOT PLACEMENT AND A SHARP BROADHEAD OVER WHAT BROADHEAD IT IS, AND MATCHING THE HEAD TO THE ANIMAL YOU ARE HUNTING!

Comment

Working...
                                X