First Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Point

We are leaving Dec. 3 and I was wondering if anybody else had been there lately and more info on which pastures they hunted and how they hunted (brush blinds, tripods, pop ups, on the roads off, the roads ) all help would be greatly appreciated.

Check the other thread.

Comment

I have seen the other threads. I was just posting a new one, to see about getting new info.

Comment

We hunted there in November. I hunted pasture 12. We hunted the roads and saw quite a few deer when we got to where they were feeding. We saw a number of shooter bucks and they are smart. We hunted from brush blinds. I think everyone in our group of 9 hunted the roads and we all used natural brush blinds. The best thing is to find a place to set up without having to cut much brush to hide, and not cutting any brush for shooting lanes to the road. The deer tend to notice any fresh cut brush along the road. Just listen to what they tell you about your pasture when you check in. It is probably true.

Comment

I talked to a guy today at outdoor country in Fairfield. He said he just got back and there were big bucks seen. I don't know what they shot but they are looking to go back in a couple of weeks and are looking for someone to go with them.

Comment

If they still need people let me know when

Comment

I did not get the guys info but you can call Jack at outdoor country and he may know the guys #. the shop # 254-739-2096.

Comment

Has anyone spilled any blood at first point?

Comment

First point

We just got back. Alot of deer were seen. There were a couple of missed deer. One wounded and some chokers. I found out that there were 2 openings for Dec.29 - Jan. 1 so i booked to go back. We will let you know how it went.

Comment

We have eight of us headed down Dec. 20-24th. What pastures were you hunting?

Comment

We hunted lucky pasture 12. Some other people in our hunted 11 and 5. Let us know how you did on the 20th hunt, and Good Luck.

Comment

Working...
                      X